StartAllBack is incompatible with Win11 CUSTOM THEME

aero11xyz

— Win 11 22621.2215(22h2)

— StartAllBack 3.73

After installing UxthemePatcher, I installed a custom theme based on the official default Windows 11 AERO 22H2 theme, which I will call it " the AERO MOD theme " .

2024-03-06_185340.png

The AERO MOD theme simply modifies the official Windows 11 AERO 22H2 theme's mouse-right context menu hot selected color scheme 

The official default Windows 11 22H1 AERO theme's mouse-right context menu hot selected color scheme is blue background with black text

The official default Windows 11 22H2 AERO theme's mouse-right context menu hot selected color scheme is grey background (RGB: 230,230,230) with black text

but the AERO MOD theme changes it to a blue background with white text, looks similar to the Win11 22H1 AERO theme.

1-The-AERO-MOD-theme-context-menu.png

In addition, the AERO MOD theme also modifies the device storage progress bar in the “This PC” window.

It replaces the default AERO device storage progress bar style (RGB: 38,160,218) with the Windows 7 crystal AERO device storage process bar style.

2-The-AERO-MOD-theme-This-PC.png

Now, here comes the problem——

After installing StartAllBack and switch to AERO MOD theme , the device storage progress bar in the “This PC” window changes back to the default AERO style.

3-startllback-with-AERO-MOD-theme-This-P

However, in some window schemes(when i save/export file from/for local driver ), you can still see the modified device storage progress bar.

4-startllback-with-AERO-MOD-theme-This-P

Furthermore, StartAllBack also changes the AERO MOD theme’s mouse-right context menu hot selected color scheme, making it looks similar to the official default AERO 22H2 theme style. T-T

5-StartAllBack-with-AERO-MOD-theme-conte

I apologize for my poor English (it is not my native language), I wish you understand what I am trying to say.

startallback aero mod.7z

Edited by aero11xyz
insert images

On 2/23/2024 at 10:43 AM, aero11xyz said:

SAB "rewrites" some entries in the aero.msstyles theme (does not modify the file but takes priority and not just read it, in fact)
You must change the name of your theme, the aero.msstyles file must be renamed to custom_name.msstyles and the custom theme will be applied

Remember to make changes in the aero.theme file too and rename it too

The best is to copy/paste the aero.msstyles and aero.theme files and rename them (and therefore keep the default theme files, in case)

Edited by tistou77

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tistou77 said:

SAB "rewrites" some entries in the aero.msstyles theme (does not modify the file but takes priority and not just read it, in fact)
You must change the name of your theme, the aero.msstyles file must be renamed to custom_name.msstyles and the custom theme will be applied

Remember to make changes in the aero.theme file too and rename it too

The best is to copy/paste the aero.msstyles and aero.theme files and rename them (and therefore keep the default theme files, in case)

I have changed the name of the *.msstyles file(it based on offical Win11 22H2 Aero theme,modified by MSStyleEditor and Reshacker), but it still doesn't work.

It sounds like you have solved this problem? Can you tell me your SAB version and provide a screenshot of "This PC" along with your working theme(include all  related theme files, the *..theme file and  *.msstyles file etc)?

Thank you in advance.

I apologize for my poor English.

Edited by aero11xyz

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2024 at 11:13 PM, tistou77 said:

Yes I solved the problem since SAB 3.6

Capture.PNG.f833046f2a7cc84fac3d8787b4e70386.PNG

Send me your theme files and I will take a look

I have already sent the file to you. Please check your message box.

Edited by aero11xyz

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 6:57 PM, aero11xyz said:

I have already sent the file to you. Please check your message box.

can i send you mine too lol. I ask cause the Mssstyle file isn't showing in stratallback

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Flipper said:

can i send you mine too lol. I ask cause the Mssstyle file isn't showing in stratallback

After version 3.6 of StartAllBack, many Mssstyle elements of custom themes will not be loaded by Startallback normally, so the compatibility issue of StartAllBack with custom themes is basically unsolvable. TOT

Edited by aero11xyz

12 hours ago, aero11xyz said:

After version 3.6 of StartAllBack, many Mssstyle elements of custom themes will not be loaded by Startallback normally, so the compatibility issue of StartAllBack with custom themes is basically unsolvable. TOT

that explains it okay. Is there any work around or would downloading a older version work 

4 hours ago, Flipper said:

that explains it okay. Is there any work around or would downloading a older version work 

Unfortunately, StartAllBack versions prior to 3.6 are not compatible with Windows 11 versions that are later than Win11 21H2.