"Graphics Bus Failure"

bob_smith

I come to you once again with more 98 foolery XDspacer.png

Strangest error I've ever seen and can't find anyone with a similiar message online. Appeared after installing Catalyst 6.2 for my X800 XT AGP after the VIA 4-in-1 drivers 4.56. Maybe some BIOS ordeal is causing this?

I don't know if you are still working on this, but more information might help. Maybe Damnation's input already helped?

What AGP Bios options are available? What VIA chipset is this? Does this machine already have an integrated video device?

I've mostly worked with laptops and thinclients, these days. My accelerated video knowledge, with Windows, is on the decline.

Pairing your AGP card info, with your VIA AGP chipset info, may help provide some insight.

Is this a configuration that already works, with a different installed O.S.? Have you tried older versions of Catalyst (if your device is supported by them)?

• 2 weeks later...

Try using older VIA Chipset/AGP drivers. Provide info about your motherboard, are the capacitors OK? Is it the MSI K8T Neo2 you've mentioned in one of your topics?

I personally do not like VIA chipsets for Win9x, all sorts of problems and lots of chipset drivers to install, in contrast to Intel chipsets which do not need any drivers at all.

As for AMD CPUs support, I have used an nForce 3 250 motherboard with 98SE with good success, minus the SoundBlaster Live! DOS drivers not working due to how the chipset works so try looking for that chipset if you want to use AMD CPU for 98SE, otherwise, use Intel with chipset like i865.

Edited by MrMateczko