The Stock Meter gadget from addgadgets.com does not work anymore.

SGR179GR

Like in the previous post about Weather Meter not working anymore (finally an answer about the script for Weather Meter), the Stock Meter gadget (from the same addgadgets.com website), also does not work, just like the Weather Meter one.

But this time, this was using data from the old Yahoo Finance, which that, the website was updated to not make it work anymore. Never ever. Like, forever. Go check that out (archived): https://web.archive.org/web/20181104211143/https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Yahoo-Finance-help/http-download-finance-yahoo-com-d-quotes-csv-s-GOOG-amp-f/td-p/387096

Then after that, I installed it. And what a surprise, error. This time, nothing happened. Yet. Just like the Weather Meter one. I am absolutely p***ed about that.

After that, I found gadget.js inside the gadget's files, and I found Yahoo Finance in there. NGL (not gonna lie).

To be honest, this gadget must be fixed as well, to be replaced the old Yahoo Finance with Google Finance (from Google Sheets).

Has anybody gotten a fix for this? Seriously, I'm getting on my nerves now.

Please give me a fix, to make it work in 2023 and beyond. This however, was never updated since 2015. 7-8 years passed.

Until then, stay tuned for updates. Goodbye and have a nice day/night.

Here are some images with this gadget, and the error from the gadget itself.

stock_meter.png.a219c2c6f9c2b2408a59735aa076bf78.png999782683_StockMetergadgeterror.PNG.1c5e607f1cae3c932b0ed10bc47b7aca.PNG This is what I got (image 2, error)

This is how it's supposed to be

(image 1)

Edited by SGR179GR
Updated status about the answer

32 minutes ago, SGR179GR said:

(no answers so far)

You will not win any friends here at MSFN by posting similar topics in multiple threads.

You've only joined MSFN approx 7hrs ago and all three of your posts are this one issue.

It's a general rule-of-thumb to WAIT at least 24hrs (if not THREE DAYS minimum!) before BUMPING your own threads because nobody has answered yet.

I direct you to Forum Rule 2.a.

2.a Use some common sense. Do not create identical topics or make identical posts in more than one forum. Think before posting and choose the right topic for your question or answer. Do not "bump" newly created topics until at least 24 hours have passed. If a topic has been "bumped" three times without any new replies, please consider reviewing and editing your original post and adding any information which you think may help other members in answering your question(s) or concern(s). When posting, have something to say, not just "My First post!" or "Cool site!!!" We sort of have the idea by now. :-)