Realtek HD Audio Drivers Modding for XP/Server 2003 on Modern Hardware

MilkChan

I have tested kb835221 installed first.
and install kb888111 by deleting the file version string in update.ver seems to work

portcls.sys appears to have been changed. :)

spacer.png

Edited by tpao12

OK, so this isn't just a straightforward install of your KB888111 patch?
I saw that the newer portcls.sys file was in your package, but it doesn't get installed by the patch installer.
Does it just have to be copied across manually?
The hdaudbus.sys seems to be the same as the one I've already got, at least the version number is.
If this will cure the Realtek audio device not appearing that would be great, but is it just portcls.sys that actually needs to be changed?
:dubbio:

• Dave-H changed the title to Realtek HD Audio Drivers Modding for XP/Server 2003 on Modern Hardware
52 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

OK, so this isn't just a straightforward install of your KB888111 patch?
I saw that the newer portcls.sys file was in your package, but it doesn't get installed by the patch installer.
Does it just have to be copied across manually?
The hdaudbus.sys seems to be the same as the one I've already got, at least the version number is.
If this will cure the Realtek audio device not appearing that would be great, but is it just portcls.sys that actually needs to be changed?

It might be what you think is trying to copy the file by checking the file version as well. but skipping the file may have to delete the string (
I gave the file string because
For those who installed KB950616 before because I don't want to break the MS signing.
Portcls.sys I got from hotfix KB950616, you can install my hotfix first and KB950616.

Do I need to install your hotfix though if I already have the same HD audio driver files that are in it?
Are the ones in your hotfix updated even though they have the same date and file version?

9 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Do I need to install your hotfix though if I already have the same HD audio driver files that are in it?
Are the ones in your hotfix updated even though they have the same date and file version?

hdaprop.dll

hdashcut.exe

hdaudio.inf

hdaudio.sys

hdaudres.dll

Yes, the file is still the same date. no edits form original KB888111

hdaudbus.sys
and
hdaudbus.inf
Taken from the Windows XP SP3 I386 CD.
to maintain the signature of MS

Now I have added some code from kb835221. for XPSP3 (update_SP3QFE.inf)

And fix update.ver bypassing portcls.sys file.

spacer.png

loading the original link

Edited by tpao12

11 hours ago, Dave-H said:

This may be necessary when you reinstall Windows XP with SP3.

kb888111 I'm aware that the original patch doesn't work for SP3.
So I decided to do it.

Hope you enjoy using Windows XP.:wub:

Edited by tpao12

Yes I do still enjoy using XP thanks!
:yes:
So it sounds like there's no point in me installing your HD audio driver patch as the files I have are the same already anyway, but I will try just substituting the newer portcls.sys file though just to see if it works and makes any difference to anything.
Acpi.sys was just substituted with the latest modified version and made a huge difference.

I will certainly keep a copy of your new version of KB888111 in case I ever have to completely reinstall XP.
Cheers, Dave.
:)

Just a quick update.
I swapped the portcls.sys file for the newer one.
It has not appeared to make any difference to anything, but everything still works fine, so I will leave it in place.
It seems that I originally installed KB888111 back in 2012.
It's possible it was offered by Windows Update, but it's not in the Add/Remove Programs list, and there's no uninstallation folder for it.
I'm thinking that it may have been included with the Realtek audio driver package.
It's not installed on my main desktop machine.

7 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Just a quick update.
I swapped the portcls.sys file for the newer one.
It has not appeared to make any difference to anything, but everything still works fine, so I will leave it in place.
It seems that I originally installed KB888111 back in 2012.
It's possible it was offered by Windows Update, but it's not in the Add/Remove Programs list, and there's no uninstallation folder for it.
I'm thinking that it may have been included with the Realtek audio driver package.
It's not installed on my main desktop machine.

v3, I'll delete it.
portcls.sys 5566 and replaced it with the 5512.

Same because it destroys the MS signature.

My programming skills are still not very good.

It's my first time programming.

Thanks for letting me know:):yes:

KB950616

http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?/files/file/5798-windowsxp-kb950616-x86-enuexe/

Try installing the file again if it breaks your machine's file signature.

Edited by tpao12

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Special report on this update I've tried working with multiple languages to resolve the issue of the installer not working.
and remote desktop 7.0 has been released for 2003 for multiple languages in mydigitallife
I will check the files from Windows Vista.
Is there any file working with XP-Server 2003 x64?
I have added the command [ProcessesToRun] I see that INF just copied the files but not installed. And the previously published has been revamped as well. There will be an easier installer.

I have the advantage of the hdaudbus.sys file from kb888111 and SP3.
SP3 I see an improvement over the file size is 141KB.

kb88811 has a file size of 135KB.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Released for KB888111 HDAudio for Multi-Language on SP3, I tried working to fix the problem, installed driver, no sound.
Please read ReadME.txt where I have confirmed it works on XPSP3 all languages.

Link https://mega.nz/file/Kg4RxAAC#34rtQJ-KcCmf7nGAAFjK__fSEKg9Y2wOWxpT3NSTCPM

spacer.png

Edited by Taiga-chan