RetroZilla Suite unable to receive emails occasionally

I have checked both the latest release in the Github (RetroZilla 2.2) and the build from roytam1 (retrozilla-suite-tls12-20200131). They both have this strange problem.

The email connection uses IMAP and SMTP, both with SSL enabled (according to the email website). Sometimes everything works fine, but most time it shows "RetroZilla can't connect securely because the sites uses a security protocol which isn't enabled" when getting messages.

I have checked that security.ssl3.ecdhe_ecdsa_aes_128_gcm_sha256 and security.ssl3.ecdhe_rsa_aes_128_gcm_sha256 are enabled according to Github issue #47.

Anyone helps? Or how can I figure out what's wrong? Thanks.

Hi @sabre_chen. Wonder if the email provider is upgrading servers and haven't refreshed the customer information page. Have you tried upgrading your RetroZilla install with @roytam1's files using the method recommended by @loblolly986 ?

https://msfn.org/board/topic/181416-retrozilla-community-edition/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-1199080

According to the post, if not upgraded properly then 'additional TLS ciphers supported by Roy's build not actually being presented to web servers'. You may want to perform a fresh RetroZilla install along with a new profile.

You could also try the User Agent Switcher extension, presenting a more modern browser. The extension collection link is available from the first post of the RetroZilla Community Edition thread.

4 hours ago, Wunderbar98 said:

According to the post, if not upgraded properly then 'additional TLS ciphers supported by Roy's build not actually being presented to web servers'. You may want to perform a fresh RetroZilla install along with a new profile.

I saw the post by  @loblolly986 yesterday. Before I install the build from @roytam1, I deleted all files from 'Program Files\RetroZilla\' ( they were from the Github release). I had visited https://www.howsmyssl.com/ to check the TLS ciphers, they just appear in the supported ciphers. I don't think it's the additional ciphers that matter, since the Github release also works occasionally.

After deleting compreg.dat and xpti.dat as the post said, it seems that everything works fine now.

Strange problem. I haven't found why, but I have finally solved it. One guess: I should have deleted all files from 'Application Data' too.

Thanks.

• sabre_chen changed the title to RetroZilla Suite unable to receive emails occasionally