H410 Mobo , LGA1200 Comet Lake with Vista x86 - considering upgrade .

Dixel

Hello all and thanks in advance for any input. I'm considering an upgrade for one of my rigs .

Current config : Q87 Mobo with Intel Pentium G3470 (yes, I know it's a cheap son of a bleach , no jokes please). GPU GTX Titan will stay , I like it .

Will H410 chipset and Pentium Gold socket LGA 1200 work OK with 32-bit Vista ? Someone tried this already ? Mobo has USB 2.0 and PS/2 ports.

P.S. Why not 64-bit ? I know 64-bit will most likely fail to start some services .

• 6 months later...

I'm trying on a i5 Coffee Lake (8th gen) laptop Vista x64. but i do not try x86.

And i getting several failures.....

You need 64 bit, dude, most of your driver does not work without 64 bits and windows will recognize 2,5 - 3 gb of your ram (if you have more than 3 gb of ram)

And most of programs use 64 bits on actual days.

USB 2.0 on actual mobos depends a Intel eXtended USB Controller 3.1.... :realmad:,.. you can find on retro system revival blog ( i think)

But... PS/2 Keyboard and mouse works okay!!!. If you use PS/2, you need install via Hirens boot/other windows system/dvd drive. Remember to put your program setup in another dvd  disc or in ur vista partiton :thumbup

Get a good Offline driver pack or use driver booster with a internet connection.