Sampei.Nihira

• 5 weeks later...

On 9/5/2020 at 9:24 AM, Sampei.Nihira said:

Patch applied.
It works.:cheerleader:

@roytam1

Thank you very much!

10Sw7uFs_o.jpg

I'm looking for a way to get Thunderbird 52.9.1 to work with Yahoo. Any chance you could share this patched version?

10 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

You need to replace Thunderbird 52.9.1 with MailNews.:yes::hello:

7 hours ago, roytam1 said:

or icedove

I can't find any information on MailNews as a client. Also, it looks like Icedove is Debian specific. Do you guys have any direct links to download a Windows version of either of these?

1 minute ago, Weboh said:

I can't find any information on MailNews as a client. Also, it looks like Icedove is Debian specific. Do you guys have any direct links to download a Windows version of either of these?

you may checkout my pinned topic in this subforum

roytam's previous free domains have all expired after a year, now all links are moved to this 5y domain:
o.rthost.win

@Mods: wonder if perhaps there's a chance for an automatic replacement in forum software, as in KM-forum?

VistaLover said:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=1189304
By VistaLover Posted October 22
o.rthost.cf was taken down on ca. Oct 21st 2018;
o.rths.cf was taken down on ca. Oct 8th 2019; and (not surprisingly)
o.rths.ml has been taken down on Oct 22nd 2020... "

roytam1 said:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=1189385
By roytam1 Posted October 23
you may change domain "o.rths.ml" to "o.rthost.win"
Edited by siria

On 11/14/2020 at 2:56 AM, siria said:

roytam's previous free domains have all expired after a year, now all links are moved to this 5y domain:
o.rthost.win

@Mods: wonder if perhaps there's a chance for an automatic replacement in forum software, as in KM-forum?

Okay, I downloaded the newest version from http://o.rthost.win/boc-uxp/, but it doesn't look there's any installers there; it's just portable versions. Because of that, I can't find where it places it the profile folder to make pasting my old profile into it easier. I know Thunderbird saves it in %USERPROFILE%/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles, but I don't see a MailNews entry there. Where does MailNews save the User Profile? Or am I just supposed to copy a file from the MailNews folder to put in the Thunderbird one to make it work with newer versions of OAuth?

Thanks, I was able to find the folder and drop in my Thunderbird profile. However, I'm disappointed that Mailnews isn't the drop-in replacement I thought it would be:

It doesn't seem to work with my other email account, Outlook. It can connect fine and load the list of messages and folders, but if I try to view the messages or organize them into folders, it just loads endlessly acting like it's doing something without ever actually finishing the task. I double-checked, and this account is using the same exact settings it used in Thunderbird--so it should work perfectly.

Mailnews is also missing an important feature that Thunderbird has: The in-window email action bar. See the attached screenshot. I don't see a setting to toggle, and it seems like if there were one, it would already be in place because of the setting in my copied profile.

Thanks for your help.

Capture.PNG

15 minutes ago, Weboh said:

Thanks, I was able to find the folder and drop in my Thunderbird profile. However, I'm disappointed that Mailnews isn't the drop-in replacement I thought it would be:

It doesn't seem to work with my other email account, Outlook. It can connect fine and load the list of messages and folders, but if I try to view the messages or organize them into folders, it just loads endlessly acting like it's doing something without ever actually finishing the task. I double-checked, and this account is using the same exact settings it used in Thunderbird--so it should work perfectly.

Mailnews is also missing an important feature that Thunderbird has: The in-window email action bar. See the attached screenshot. I don't see a setting to toggle, and it seems like if there were one, it would already be in place because of the setting in my copied profile.

Thanks for your help.

Capture.PNG

icedove will be thunderbird52 drop-in replacement, while mailnews is somewhat different

But Icedove is Debian only, and I'm on Windows. It would be helpful if the differences between Mailnews and Thunderbird were explained so I could fix these issues. Is there a migration tool that will help reduce issues?

23 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

At the link under Icedove you can "install" with the same method as MailNews.

It is in the same thread where you downloaded Mailnews.

Just have a little goodwill.........:rolleyes:

https://o.rthost.win/hbl-uxp/icedove.win32-20201114-id-eed0566-uxp-4aeaea919-xpmod.7z

It doesn't seem to me that there is all the difference you say between Thunderbird and MailNews.
And with regard to the non-functioning account, obviously YOU are wrong some steps.

Apparently, I was wrong at some steps. I'm not sure where, though. I removed and reinstalled MailNews, and now it works again, exactly like Thunderbird did, with all my accounts working and all the info from my profile. Thanks!