nlite windows 2000 sp4 + update rollup 1 + extended core, other questions ?

cov3rt

i was wondering if there would be any issues / conflicts if slipstreaming both update rollup 1 and extended core package for windows 2000 sp4 in nlite? my intention of doing this is for two reasons, one is that apparently it was said that 2nd gen or 3rd gen intel processors may have issues related to usb installation and functionality if using only sp4, and that apparently ( from what i understood in the thread ), it would be remedied by using either update rollup 1 or usp 5.1. now for the extended core, it seems to be necessary on certain systems that are finicky in relation to acpi or uefi related, and so the extended core, somehow fixes this issue by allowing the system to acquire the right files or use a newer acpi.sys? now i don't know which acpi.sys version gets installed from default after standard windows 2000 sp4 installations. 

an issue with the extended core is unclear or limited information on it for slipstreaming. some are saying that it's not possible to slipstream, however, one guy showed me recently in a picture of uploading it to the hotfixes / add on section of nlite. i did not have the correct package up to this point, and the latest one apparently that can be put into nlite, has some flaws, which is why i haven't rushed in yet to experiment with it. i don't want to make the custom installation image too modified if it's gonna cause issues. so far, the sata ahci and raid drivers of intel and amd from blackwingcat is the bare minimum of what i would use, however, i am trying to find a way to get the newer acpi.sys fix ( ending in 6921 for version number ), and videoprt.sys 6833 possibly? the rest of the files are not as important, however, i was hoping i can add 6 more files that seem to be needed, but it's unclear whether this will be more harmful or good. i have backup of all these files, and other versions of videoprt.sys too, 6834, 6838. 

it would be nice if we could just think that newer means better, more functional in everyway, ( for both forwards and backwards compatibility ), however, in computer technology, this doesn't hold true, as many times, newer files or newer updates cause issues where it's possible they may support something newer, but then cause issues with older hardware. being that these are also unofficial fixes / updates, with very limited support venues, makes it very frustrating to find solutions and know what to do. an example is with file version updates, but no practical way of finding out which exact version should be used or is "Better", this is the case in particular with videoprt.sys, having versions 6833, 6834, 6835, and 6838, where you could different experiences, one thread showed 6838 being problematic and 6833 fixing the issue, another source mentions the usage of 6838, nothing for 6834, and 6833, not much either probably. 

i noticed when i tried to add update rollup 1, as well as change certain .SY_ files, that it reduced the entire iso image by a few MB, but i don't know how that's possible if the sizes of all the files are larger? not to mention adding the intel and amd drivers. now the changing .SY_ files part was my own idea, it wasn't something specifically mentioned as a solution, however, i read the source in the below link ( acpi fix for xp ) and thought, hmmm...., maybe perhaps i could just follow the same method given in that solution, and hopefully it would work for windows 2000 nlite / slipstreaming, however, i couldn't tell what changes were done. the main purpose was to replace the "ACPI.SY_" from the extracted i386 package with a newer one i made from cab maker 1.4. i thought that if i did this, somehow it would have fixed the issue with hanging on setup is loading windows 2000, which is part right before it loads the partition size menu, however, it still hanged on that area for a long time. maybe these files are only supposed to be for updating the system after os installation, or before acpi detection from early on in setup? unfortunately, even if this is true, i do not have a system to test this yet, and i don't necessarily want to do that, just to find out if that's true, since it's not important for what's after os install per say, it's the acpi part that's important, and i couldn't get past that without selecting standard pc from f5 option ( so i can get to the partition size screen ). f7 also didn't make a difference. 

i noticed from one post where someone was able to manually select blackwingcat's modified acpi driver from f5 route which apparently was done through slipstreaming one of the extended core packages, but i think they weren't able to get the system to function properly / install properly. i also made a thread just before this as to see if there is a way to modify one of blackwingcat's already created packages that apparently can be slipstreamed, modify some files, replacing them with stable / newer versions, and then slipstreaming the updated package. 

acpi fix for xp - 

https://retrosystemsrevival.blogspot.com/2019/10/updated-windows-xp-acpisys.html