robocopy on partial files

frankr2994

Working on a friends media server coping a whole bunch of old drives to a new storage pool. He was using a robocopy command and I noticed he did not have a restartable switch. Now i'm sure the way this went down that there a few files that were cut off half way. If I just re run a robocopy script will it see that file as a changed file and update it? I was thinking if that was the case I would just run the script for all the drives and let it pick up whatever it needs to. should only be talking about a handful of files across 5 drives so it shouldn't take long. 

• 1 month later...

On 3/10/2020 at 7:12 PM, frankr2994 said:

Working on a friends media server coping a whole bunch of old drives to a new storage pool. He was using a robocopy command and I noticed he did not have a restartable switch. Now i'm sure the way this went down that there a few files that were cut off half way. If I just re run a robocopy script will it see that file as a changed file and update it? I was thinking if that was the case I would just run the script for all the drives and let it pick up whatever it needs to. should only be talking about a handful of files across 5 drives so it shouldn't take long. 

If it see they are different especially in size then it will try again to copy. Could setup a longer time delay so you can what is happening. /W:20

Maybe just post the robocopy command?