.net server 3628

BAH

Just installed the latest beta but im getting problems when i try to do remote desktop from my XP machine to the .net machine.

When i try remote desktop i get a message ( You do not have the proper encryption level to access this session).

This used to work fne with the preveouse version.

I am logging on as administrator.

I think the new beta of .net 3628 use a higher encryption since the 3621 version, rather then xp professional cypher encryption 128. I don't think you can remotely access the desktop with the incompatible encryption.

The encryption level hasn't changed between XP (RDP 5.1) and .Net 3628 (RDP 5.1.1). Everything is @ 128 bit.

Is your TS in App Server or Remote Desktop mode? That can make a difference for resolution.

In any event, one of these should fix.

1. Install MSRDPCLI.exe from .Net Server installation media (\Support\Tools\MSRDPCLI.exe)

2. Install ADMINPAK.MSI from .Net Server installation media (\i386\Adminpak.msi) & use the Remote Desktop Connections MMC to connnect.

If your TS is in App Server mode and it doesn't work, whack HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Store\LICENSE00x from the registry on the XP client.

If you still have no joy, let us know what errors are being posted in the Event Log on the TS box.

Terrapin

As i said i use remote desktop to admin the 3628 server and i get this message when i attemt to loggon to it I am using it as a IIS webserver.

The reason i do this is because i am short of space so i have the server setup with no monitor or kbd just a network connection. I will set it up with a monitor and stuff and try these two idea's you have given.

Hello

The problem lies in the server - not in the client. The problem only exists in the corped edition of the .NET servers.

I havn't been able to "cure" it - the only thing to do (as far as I know) is to get a non-corp edition of .NET.

--

Greetings

QuizMasta

May we all live in prosperity