Uninstalled apps showing

Peter143

I have been using windows for a very long time now but recently I'm facing a problem where it showed me that I have successfully uninstalled an application facebook but I can still see the application on my screen. I don't know what's the problem but whatever the reason may be it's been worrying me that it's a some kind of virus. I hope not but can someone help me out on this? I do not have any anti virus installed on my device so I need help as soon as possible.

On 1/2/2020 at 2:44 PM, Peter143 said:

I do not have any anti virus installed on my device so I need help as soon as possible.

Install one and perform a virus scan.  There are free antivirus programs that you can use (I now use Bitdefender Free).

Edited by HarryTri

The fact you call it an app suggests you're posting in the wrong forum. This is the Windows 7 forum, sounds as if you're using Windows 10.

You tried uninstalling Facebook?

Exactly how did you do this? I would not trust the Windows uninstall tool to make a good job of it whatever the OS. Always use a purposed designed uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller or BCUninstaller.

If you try Revo now you might get lucky if enough of the program remains but BCUninstaller is sometimes better if you've already partially uninstalled a program.

TIP: before uninstalling/installing anything always put in a restore point. Revo does this by default.