NTLDR is missing

csaha

Hi

I am trying to repair my friends computer. It does not boot from a CD on startup. I checked the boot order as well as the CD-Rom drive. The bot order is set to boot from CD first and there is no problem with the CD-rom drive either.

I am able to start a Windows 2000 installation from boot diskettes but after I insert the CD and format the C drive it says that the winnt.sif file may be corrupt or missing.

On boot-up though if there is no media present other than the 2000 Pro CD it gives me an error message:

NTLDR is missing

Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart

What should I do to start the installation.

csaha

Well guys! Google is the way these days.................I think after some time people will be pursuing a degree in Google Search................... :)

Anyway, I was able to get the problem sorted out. The Windows 2000 disks that I was booting from were made from a different Windows 2000 disk than the one I was booting from. This time I created disks from the CD I was planning to use, and it worked.

Also I created a slipstream disk according to the configuration my friend wanted and when I created the boot disks from the Slipstream CD it worked just great..............fully unattended and just the way he wanted

You bet, he was just thrilled............... :rolleyes:

So I feel much better now

Thanks

csaha