os for a car radio............

diesel_98a

just got to thinking as i was getting ready to travel for the weekend. exactly what would it take to put some kind of os in a car radio? u know like those ones w/ the bars the going up & down that person has to plunk down $300 for. or maybe someone has done this already. i am sure someone has. we all spend lots of time in our cars, maybe this is an area that microsoft should explore............let me know what u think.

Yeah, except they're called equalisers...

wasn't to for sure what they were called, but now i know for sure. would it be plausable for someone to make one for their own radio or just leave it to the experts. i say that cause i have a friend that has all his mp3s on his laptop and he just plays them from it. a lot of extra just to take the laptop w/ u to listen to mp3s.

now that is what i am talking about. beats having to tote along a laptop. who makes it?

you need to buy one of those car deck, not those cheap readios that the cars come with. these cost 125 CDN minimum. its like teh radio in the rav 4 clili edition. it has mp3/wma playback. when my mother gets back with it, ill tell you the model. not all of these radios have mp3 playback. also, if your burning mp3s to a cd, buy CD-RWs.