Start Menu icons based on different Group Policy Organizational Units

westlandsupport

Hello,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked about or documented before - I did try to search for some time but did not come up with anything.

Per the Group Policy documentation provided, there is a command switch /pintostartmenu that allows you to define the path of something like an .LNK shortcut to add to the start menu

When you've set this up and have a number of options in your start menu, where does this configuration get stored? Can it be exported and imported?

Ultimately I'm wondering if it's possible to have different configurations such as Start Menu 1, Start Menu 2, Start Menu 3, etc... all of which have different start menu icon options.

These would be used depending on the Active Directory organization unit the user is in - so if a standard user were to log in, they would be presented with Start Menu 1.
If let's say an Accounting user were to log in, they would be presented with Start Menu 2, etc.

Is this possible to do with SiB? If this is better to discuss by e-mail I am happy to do that as well. The environment I am testing in is Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.286)

Thanks,
Darren

SiBwin10.jpg

EDIT 23Oct2018: Please close this thread, our GPO modifications appear to be working now.

Edited by westlandsupport