PEBakery

Joveler

2 minutes ago, misty said:

I have resorted to using wimlib to fully extract and repack a wim rather than mounting and unmounting, although this is a time consuming process. Injecting files with WimLib however is lightning fast. Wimib rocks! I'm pleased to read that you will be implementing this library and am looking forward to seeing how you implement it.

I had to use wimgapi because wimlib does not support mount / unmount of wim in Windows, sorry for that.
In my test, unmounting wim is disrupted by even a file explorer window viewing wim-mounted directory.

5 minutes ago, misty said:

BTW, I'm assuming that changes to the mounted image are not committed? Or am I doing something wrong?

Beta 1 only supports mount of wim in readonly mode, readwrite support will be added in beta 2.

6 minutes ago, misty said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, however the progress bar is only displayed if the Build Project or Run Plugin buttons are pressed. If the commands are executed from a button embedded in the script then the progress bar(s) are not displayed. This is also an issue in WimBuilder (e.g. with WebGet).

I will investigate this issue, thanks for reporting.

2 minutes ago, Joveler said:

I had to use wimgapi because wimlib does not support mount / unmount of wim in Windows, sorry for that.
In my test, unmounting wim is disrupted by even a file explorer window viewing wim-mounted directory.

Please do not apologise for adding support for a useful utility. It's not your fault that wimgapi is buggy. I also found issues with unmounting being due to Explorer being open. I swear the mount feature now feels more buggy (and slower) than when the WAIK for Windows Vista was first released!!!

wimlib does support mount - just not on Windows. This feature is limited to Linux only.

7 minutes ago, Joveler said:

Beta 1 only supports mount of wim in readonly mode, readwrite support will be added in beta 2.

Thanks - I honestly wasn't sure if this was more wimgapi bugginess.

Misty

P.s. Slightly offtopic. I found some issues with the ADK script in MistyPE and have updated the project. See here for more information - http://reboot.pro/topic/18917-mistype/?p=205342

11 hours ago, Paraglider said:

I think its all the junction points that are the issue in mounting. They all are rebased to point at the mount folders. If you look at the extracted folders from a se build the junction points don't work.

yeah. every since they went away from the filesystem overlay in v6.0 wimgapi has been nothing but a headache. I use wimlib extract or apply for my needs. With wimlib's superior speed and compression you can unpack and repack your .wim in the time it takes wimgapi to finishing mounting it in the first place.

It is progressing fine :) 

I just tested Wim(Un)mount. It is fine with the progress bar and the percentage displayed.
by cons it would be good to have the %ExitCode% to handle errors by scripts, rather than the message box: Build Stopped by Error!
The main error is indeed when the mounted folder is opened in explorer.

I also use Wimlib to avoid these worries, mainly apply and capture. 
It would be good to have some Wimlib command in a future version, wiminfo, wimapply, wimcapture, wimexport, wimextract

2 hours ago, Numb said:

It would be good to have some Wimlib command in a future version, wiminfo, wimapply, wimcapture, wimexport, wimextract

That's the plan. wimgapi for mount/unmount and wimlib for everything else. If wimlib ever supports mount/unmount on windows then we can look at moving everything over. Only time will tell.

Good
Thank's to Joveler to not forget the %ExitCode% for WimMount/WimUnMount and for future Wimlib command.

-----
mount/unmount on windows does not seem in Eric Bigger's plans:
https://wimlib.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=254#p387

I don't plan to implement mount support on Windows. Besides the large effort required, I understand that there is no way to create virtual filesystems without having a driver signed by Microsoft. This is in contrast to Linux where anyone can implement filesystems in userspace.

On 4/1/2018 at 2:58 PM, Homes32 said:

That's the plan. wimgapi for mount/unmount and wimlib for everything else. If wimlib ever supports mount/unmount on windows then we can look at moving everything over. Only time will tell.

I think that using wimlib-imagex we can just extract the complete image (or part of it) to a folder, a VHD or an empty partition, then add all required files, folders and make registry changes, latter capture it again with wimlib-imagex (or inject to source when partial extraction was done), this way there is no need to mount/unmount wich takes a very long time, this is in few words the way MistyPE project works.

alacran

Edited by alacran
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

Beta 2 is released!

PEBakery binary and source is available at github.

Changelog
- [Fixed] WebLabel was not correctly parsed
- [Fixed] Resolved potential license issue

Edited by Joveler

• 7 months later...

PEBakery Beta 5 (v0.9.5.1)
PEBakery Beta 5 is released!
Beta 5 fixed many bugs and focused on compatibility.

You can download binary and source from github.

PEBakery manual and syntax highlighter were also updated.
- Manual : English, Spanish
- Syntax Highlighter : Notepad++, Visual Studio Code

Please note there are two version of beta 5, v0.9.5 and v0.9.5.1.
Please use v0.9.5.1 since it fixes some issues of v0.9.5.

NOTICE - SHOULD READ FIRST!
Starting with beta 5, all compatibility options are turned off by default.
You should set appropriate compatibility options to build legacy projects successfully.
Presets are provided for known projects.

To build Win10PESE or Win10XPE, rename PEBakery_Win10PESE_Win10XPE.ini to PEBakery.ini.
To build ChrisPE or MistyPE, rename PEBakery_ChrisPE_MistyPE.ini to PEBakery.ini.
If a build fails even after applying presets, try deleting project temp directories.

Changelog
- [ADD] `List` commands added
- [ADD] `StrFormat,Left` and `StrFormat,Right` added
- [ADD] Full deferred logging for interface build
- [ADD] Command's real position is shown in warning and error logs
- [ADD] Filtering comments and macros are supported in LogWindow
- [ADD] Section out parameter support (e.g. `#o1`, `#o2`), ...
- [ADD] `RunEx`, `LoopEx` and `LoopLetterEx` added to support section out parameter
- [ADD] Compatibility options for turning off extended section parameter (`#r`, `#a`, `#o1`)
- [ADD] Compatibility options are turned off by default
- [CHANGE] `IniReadSection` redesigned
- [CHANGE] Allow short terms in `Message`
- [CHANGE] Interface value of `TextLabel` is also saved to variables when running a script
- [FIX] `UserInput,Dir` no longer crashes
- [FIX] `#r`, `#a` is matched case-insensitively
- [FIX] `SaveLog` produces a proper log when deferred logging is set
- [FIX] Scripts are ordered like the Windows File Explorer
- [FIX] Proper refresh of MainScript
- [FIX] Script editor correctly reflects any changes made by a user
- [FIX] Prevent crash from a race condition in `ShellExecute`
- [FIX] Fix rare crash when opening script source
- [FIX] Saving settings no longer crashes when no projects are loaded
- [FIX] Several regressions affected build of Win10PESE and Win10XPE are fixed

• 1 month later...

How to create new *.script files for own tools?

Assume I want to add own resp. new tools to an existing PEBakery installation.

I guess I have to create a corresponding *.script file similar to WinBuilder.

But: How do I do this in PEBakery?

In WinBuilder there are some Utilties included which let me do this.

I miss such utilties in PEBakery. How does it work here?

Can I simply copy the *.script files from WinBuilder (=are the *.script files compatible)?

On 11/3/2018 at 7:39 PM, msoff20xx said:

How to create new *.script files for own tools?

Assume I want to add own resp. new tools to an existing PEBakery installation.

I guess I have to create a corresponding *.script file similar to WinBuilder.

But: How do I do this in PEBakery?

In WinBuilder there are some Utilties included which let me do this.

I miss such utilties in PEBakery. How does it work here?

Can I simply copy the *.script files from WinBuilder (=are the *.script files compatible)?

I replied to this question at the other forum, let me copy it to here.

WinBuilder .script files are almost compatible with PEBakery.
PEBakery does not provide such tool yet (will be in future), but you can bootstrap with WinBuilder and use .script in PEBakery.