WinLite10 v7.2

alacran

Windows 10 Lite (Better Privacy): https://sourceforge.net/projects/windows-10-lite/

Windows 10 Setup Helper for gamers, power users and administrators.

- When you remove MS Edge there will be IE11!
- You have to hide Search from TaskBar if you remove MS Cortana because it is without function. You can use search in File Explorer as normal. And you have to download and install Classic Start Menu because without Cortana the Explorer Start Menu won't work. To install only Classic Start Menu start setup with command line parameters: ADDLOCAL=ClassicStartMenu
Run through setup until Cortana shows up. Now press Shift+F10. Run the script...

- for clean and upgrade install of Creators Update
- clean uninstall of Apps via dism.exe (All Users)
- tweaks from Windows Privacy Tweaker
- nearly every app can be removed
- service configuration choice: Safe or Microsoft (Black Viper's Service Configuration)
- removed some more stuff for your privacy (Privacy And s*** Script)
- OneDrive can be removed before it gets installed

Download v7.2: https://sourceforge.net/projects/windows-10-lite/files/WinLite10V7.2.zip/download

Just tested and removed all Apps, Cortana, One Drive and Edge, also applied Black Viper's Windows 10 Service Configuration 'Safe' during install and manually deselected all MS Telemetry options, booted fine, no problem, latter ran O&O ShutUp10 v1.5.1389 (2017.04.11): https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

From v7.2 Readme file:

Windows 10 will run fast on old computers after this cleanup.

When you remove MS Edge there will be IE11!
    You must hide Search from TaskBar if you remove MS Cortana because it is without function.
    You can use search in File Explorer as normal.
    Following Apps are installed on Server 2016: Calculator and Store.

Here are the steps:

Important!!! Disconnect from Internet because setup will run updates immediately!

1. Put this folder with files on your Windows 10 Setup USB/Disc (or anywhere else you can access during early windows setup; caution you have no explorer only command prompt during setup!).

2. Do a clean installation, reset or update of Windows 10 and wait
   until the Windows Setup ask you for input (title at this setup step: ‘Get going fast’) but enter nothing for now!!!

3. Now press Shift+F10 on your keyboard. A a command prompt should open.
   If you can't find your usb drive letter, type the following command
      wmic logicaldisk get deviceid, volumename, description
   Switch to you Windows 10 Setup USB/Disc and change to this folder.
   Sample: cd /D E:\Win10Lite

4. Run file rmApps.cmd and answer the questions for your needs.

5. Close the command prompt and finish Windows 10 Setup.

To easily find WinLite10 folder I put it in \sources\$oem$\$1\WinLite10 on my USB, and when pressing shift+F10 during install just found it on C:\WinLite10

alacran

Edited by alacran

without Cortana the Explorer Start Menu won't work

no, you are wrong, maybe on that way you removed cortana (dism ? wimtweak ?)

i am not sure if i remember right, but i repaired my cortana after removal with wimtweak (or similar).... maybe with that Sniplet - or i used the "Tweaking.com - Windows Repair" Tool (has some interesting repair batches in it, but i am not sure if it can be trusted 100%- cause the site and the Program looks from optic design like malware )

Run as Admin

powershell "Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }"
Edited by R4D3

This tool is a batch file and some *.inf files, you can open and read all of them using notepad, I did that and didn't see any evidece of malware (not a single link to a page to download something).

About explorer and search, no problem don't miss them, I use ClassicShell and also swiftsearch, fastest seach tool in earth, and do not need an index as MS search, only down side is it is only good for NTFS, do not work in FAT 12/16/32, exFAT.

alacran

The "tweaktool" i wrote over, is a bunch of different fles (most batch, some vbs, some dat, some dll, some exe) - i dont write it is malware (its problably not, just looks like...) - but honestly i cant guarantee that it is or is not ! (... i think, a single vbs script can be really dangerous, but it doesn´t has to be...)

- Point was: Even without Cortana, Startmenu can work (with some spicey extra work...)

that swiftsearch tool your wrote about, i will test it... - i use AgentRansack until now for search (https://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack)

Edited by R4D3

I found troubles during activation, and it was because just after install ran O&O ShutUp10 v1.5.1389 (2017.04.11) and selected all items to apply, before activation, you need to have at least the last two Windows Update not selected in order to activate properly, you also may run this litlle batch as administrator to fix Activation and also Store problems (do not remember where I found it):

sc config wuauserv start= auto
sc config bits start= auto
sc config DcomLaunch start= auto
net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv
net stop bits
net start bits
net start DcomLaunch

Just copy it and save as *.cmd, don't forget to run as administrator (and reboot just in case).

Now my Win 10 Pro 1703 build 15063 without Apps (only config) is activated through Windows Activation Servers.

Let me tell you, it do not look so bad once you remove all (CR)Apps it seams now as a serious OS not as a Smarphone anymore.

Of course, almost all telemetry is also blocked now including forced updates.

alacran

Edited by alacran