10 upgrade mess

Odos270

I was having several issues so I did a full reset of Windows 8.1 (that was a nightmare). When I went to update, it offered me Windows 10. I bit the bullet and did it. The exact same thing happened this time as the first time (which is why I reverted back to 8.1).

On the desktop, if I place icons to either side or top, they're half off the screen. The taskbar is messed up too. I put Classic Shell back in so that I have a start menu more in tune with Windows 7. Now I can only see a sliver of the start button. The clock is half off the screen. If I choose to show icons on the taskbar, they are below the taskbar. Same goes for icons in the quick launch bar.

I didn't have this problem with 8.

Any menu that's taller than the screen I can't see and there's no scroll to see the upper end. If I maximize the browser, the minimize, maximize and close buttons are off the screen.

I'm using the recommended screen resolution. 1920x1080. I'm using a 32" 720p TV as my monitor. It's plugged in with an HDMI cable. There are no settings to change the display in the TV.

Screen shot? Yeah right. When I do a screen shot, it shows everything as it should look, not what I'm actually seeing.

Here's the left side of the taskbar.
VGGVPqr.jpg

Here's the right side.
QsU527K.jpg

This is what happens to icons on the desktop.
Lg4wxMh.jpg

Computer specs:
Processor: AMD FX-6200 (3.8GHz)
Processor Core: Six-Core
Memory: 10GB DDR3 (PC3-12800)
Graphics: Eyefinity Radeon HD 7570 (2GB DDR3 dedicated)
Video Ports: HDMI, DVI, Display Port

I can't find an updated driver. AMD conciders the video card 'legacy'.

Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Driver Date: 6/22/2015
Driver Version: 15.200.1045.0

edit to add: Version of Windows is 64bit

Edited by Odos270

for quick launch, try to unlock it and drag to the right, as toolbars actually control the height of taskbar :)
in previous win's if you give QL icons "big icon" view which is some 38px if i'm not mistaken (instead 32), it bumps taskbar to higher height
and you can't lower it, in your case giving it more space (worm like) maybe it will fix the right side too...