HP Printer fails to complete install

krazykat

Hello,

February 16, 2016

(I hope this is the correct forum for my post,  if not please reply with correct forum and I will re-post)

I need some help with installing a HP printer to my Windows 7 PRO, service pack 2 system.

Would appreciate any tips or suggestions from forum members who have successfully installed, wireless, a HP CM1312 or tell me what the error message (see below) means and how to correct.

The printer is a HP “ model CM1312 nfi,  “all in one”, color Laser Jet.  I am installing “wireless” -- for this printer that means an ethernet cable connect from the printer to my router. I am using the most recent install software for the CM1312 downloaded from the HP website ( CM1312series-win7-full-solution-AM-EMEA1-v5.1.exe ).

Here are details of the install procedure and the ERROR message received.

This printer had been previously installed using a USB connection.  I did a complete cleanup of my computer of anything I could find associated with the CM1312 – registry, directory C:\, ran scrubber and gr_uninstall, (printer uninstall cleanup programs from HP laser jet site). I then turned OFF my Epson printer, which has a complete true wireless setup. I power cycled my computer and the CM1312.

I ran the install CM1312series-win7-full-solution-AM-EMEA1-v5.1.exe program.  The program detected the printer and proceeded to install.  Installation went smoothly until the very end; 96% finished according to the install progress bar.  The install progress would not complete.  Waited about 30 minutes with no movement on the progress bar, stuck at 96%.  Note, keyboard was unresponsive for the install program.

I switched over to TASK Manager, and could see the HP install task in the Applications tab.  The status was listed as ” running”. Since the install progress had now been running for about 45 minutes  with no movement from the 96% status,  I right clicked on the HP install task and selected “end task”.  The following ERROR message appeared:

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name                         AppHangBl

Application Name:                              hpzsetup.exe

Application Version:                            10.0.0.76

Application Timestamp:                      472ffee5

Hang Signature:                                  9922

Hang Type:                                         6144

OS Version:                                        6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID                                             1033

Additional Hang Signature 1:              9922927818ab2ef064d01c5a724c45ae

Additional Hang Signature 2:              fa91

Additional Hang Signature 3:              fa91819el641c3b5714fel74ceb6f6da

Additional Hang Signature 4:              9922

Additional Hang Signature 5:              9922927818ab2ef064d01c5a724c45ae

Additional Hang Signature 6:              fa91

Additional Hang Signature 7:              fa91819el641c3b5714fel74ceb6f6da

C:\Windows\svstem32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The install program ended with no additional error messages.

NOTE:  Several of the printer functions are functional.  Copy, Scan (both from printer front panel and a third party scam program), Print ( accessed  as an available printer by Word, email, Excel),  FAX, both send and receive (after a separate from printer front panel).   One IMPORTANT function does not work, called the HP Toolbox.  HP Toolbox is used run the HP supplied scan and OCR program, to health check functions, show toner levels, set up/change FAX settings, setup/ update FAX phone book, etc.  I suspect the HP Toolbox function was the 4% remaining on the install progress bar, but just my guess.

Thanks, krazykat

Edited by Tripredacus
removed urls from other forum

Do you ever go back to your posts in other forums?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/security/en-US/b563ab10-1a75-4674-9a68-9d378fafdaf8/install-of-hp-printer-to-win-7-pro-does-not-complete?forum=w7itprohardware

Download and run Printer Install Wizard c04608529.gif a free tool from HP.

Carey Frisch