SpywareBlaster 5.4 - New Version Available

Monroe

There is a newer version of SpywareBlaster released as of 12/18/2015.

SpywareBlaster 5.4

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/spywareblaster.html

Author: Brightfort

Date: 12/18/2015

Size: 4.08 MB

License: Freeware

Requires: Win 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP

Here's the home page ...

http://www.brightfort.com/spywareblaster.html

Edited by monroe

According to front page the range of supported OS is Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10. (32/64-bit)

Latest version compatible with Windows 9x is 4.6.

I've been using this for many, many years. Sadly, their policy appears to be extremely restrictive in that the updates cannot be ported from one system to another (say from XP to 98SE). Too bad. :(

Still, it's one valuable piece of security that everyone should have installed and up-to-date (at least on supported systems).

Thanks for the heads up! ;)

I update my other computer this way ... I update one XP computer and then I copy the SpywareBlaster folder in the Programs folder to a flash drive. In the other XP computer I just copy the SpywareBlaster folder on the flash drive to the other computer ... Programs folder.

Of course ... SpywareBlaster has to be first installed manually on each computer and then just updating with an updated copy on a flash drive should update all computers.

You have to then open the SpywareBlaster program ... there will be some items that will have the protection disabled ... just hit the bottom page tab "Enable All Protection" and you're good to go.

I work with an XP to XP system ... not sure if doing Windows 2000 to XP ... or different systems would work. They might be installed different with different settings ... not sure.

Edited by monroe

Well, technically this may well be possible, but I was talking about their EULA or whatever it's called. I read about that some time ago, can't remember when or where, but it did strike me that they explicitly prohibit "migration" of the update files.

I haven't tried such a migrated update from XP to my 98SE so can't tell if it works or not.

OK ... that I'm not sure. Now you have me wondering if a person has more than one computer are they allowed to have SpywareBlaster installed on all the computers. I can't find anything saying just one computer is allowed to have the program installed.

All I see is this ... Free for personal & educational use. So I guess all computers can have SB installed.

Yes, it's OK to install it on any number of computers as long as the installation is done through the official installer. I've skimmed through the EULA just earlier while installing v5.4 and that's what it read. I find that license quite large for an application of that type. Probably they're trying to protect the 'paid mode' files (and/or registry keys?) from being copied over to other computers. Dunno, I'm not familiar with such legal stuff nor am I affiliated with Brightfort or anybody else - just stating my findings, hopefully it would help others not to get into trouble. :)