TH_2 Release Core 10547

mike13

Windows 10 update found the above topic for my computer. It seemed to download the update, but it never got installed. It just tells me "Preparing to install updates"  I have shut down the computer after leaving it on for an hour and when I come back and check for updates etc. I see the same message. I see no activity lights on the computer doing anything. Any one else got this message about   TH_2  Release Core  10547  ?? Thanks, Mike

Thanks Tripredacus for the reply.  Yes, I did the fee upgrade on this computer. All went well, and it did show activated. I then did the Clean install and all went well again, and it still shows Activated. I have received other downloads and they installed with no problem, but this one does not want to install. If I wait long enough I get a message to TRY LATER.

I tried that Windowsupdate.log thingy.  Nothing..it said I need to get the Windows update log power shell or something. I tried several more times. The one time it told me there were problems etc to try later, and it gave me a code  (0x800705b4).  I searched that code and it seems to have something to do with Windows Defender.  So I opened up Windows Defender and got a few updates for it. These updates went well. Then I tried that th-2 release code 10547 and still no go. I even disabled Windows Defender, still no luck. If I remember right back at the first time it found this update, it downloaded the update, and then I believe it asked me if I wanted to install it. I said yes, but thought that was different. I never remember being asked if I wanted to Install an update before. This Windows 10 is really starting to be a pain where the sun doesn't shine. For a while everything seems to go smooth and then things like this happens. Not a happy camper.  

Update...a few days before this problem it downloaded and installed Build 10532 with no problem. Now at the lower right side of the screen it says. "Windows 10 Home Insiders Preview Evaluation Copy Build  10532.  Now sure if that helps or not.  Mike