outlook ost file error

somosot

I have a client that has been getting an intermittent error that occured preventing  his ost file from being properly saved. Allegedy, this happens at random times even after he's been in outlook for part of the day, so that he has to restart the application to get back into his email. I tried to rename and rebuild the ost file, but I'm still getting the error. He has an Exchange account using outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003.

If you don't know the reason of .ost file corruption you may read and learn sources below or make use recovery guide

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/262547.aspx

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b7c2595e-6beb-4ebc-a1dd-879d5e49bd2f/how-to-open-ost-files?forum=outlook

Open Microsoft Outlook. On the "Tools" menu, select "Email Accounts." Choose "View or Change Existing E-mail Accounts," and click "Next."

Select the Exchange Server, click "Change" and then click "More Settings." Click "Manually Control Connection State" so that Outlook will start offline the next time it is opened. Click "Work Offline and Use Dial-up Networking" so that it will not try to connect to the server. Close Outlook.

Open Outlook again. Select "Work Offline" at the prompt. Select "Services" from the "Tools" menu. The "Services" dialog box will open.

Click the "Add" button on the "Services" tab of the "Services" dialog box. Select "Personal Folders" and then click "OK."

Enter a name for the folder, and select the Desktop as the location. Click "OK" to select default settings. Drag the "Personal Folder" from the Outlook window to the new folder to move OST files to the personal folder. When the computer syncs with the server, all of the OST files can be copied there.

Edited by Tripredacus
removed link