does the /integrate:path switch work with .NET patches and XP?

I tried integrating NDP20SP2 KB KB2894843 into XP source and the installer runs, but I get no change.

setup is

C:\XPsource

C:\XPsource\I386

KB2894843 (09/09/14)is .NET20sp2 has type 2 installer

I run with /integrate switch and path (edit--space betw filename and switch, no space betw switch : and path)

C:> KB2894843.exe /integrate:C:\XPsource

Installer opens dialog box, asks click to continue

installer creates temp dir with 28 char hash

installer offers EULA -- I click accept

installer says please wait

progress bar progresses while hard drive spins tirelessly

about 60 sec later

installer announced finished

temp hash dir is deleted

I check the source I386 folder and there is no change between before and after??

Anyone have an idea what is happening?

It seems to install on a running system, but I'd like to integrate into source if I can ...

Edited by Molecule

I'm curious, is there a particular reason you really, really need to have all the .NET frameworks integrated into the source?  I would think it would be much easier, and might even be faster and take less space, to use Ricktendo's [Legacy] .NET Framework AIO for XP x86 (7-8-2015) which includes .NET 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0, is up to date with updates, has had all the unnecessary junk stripped out of it, and is specifically designed for use with XP SP3 x86.  There's nothing at all wrong with wanting to learn how to do it manually yourself, in fact it's admirable, but it is an alternative to consider.

If you are working on XP or 2003 x64 that would explain it, but then you probably should mention that in your post.  If that is the case, maybe you could work with Ricktendo in creating a x64 version of his installer?  I always thought that would be useful, but I didn't know if there was enough interest to warrant the work involved to create such a thing.  Maybe you could get others to assist as well, like maybe 5eraph?  Just a thought.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

This - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2894843

Points to This, indicating "NDP..." - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41398&751be11f-ede8-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6=True

And also Points to This - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2844699

That does *not* include an "integrate" switch (NDP..." is described as an Application).

HTH

Thanks guys -- I was hoping that /integrate or /nobackup would work. I should have mentioned XPsp3 x86 source with RyanVMI (OnePiece AIO + Addons)

I didn't know about Ricktendo had worked on a .NET package as well.  I like his runtimes product. I have a look at this one.

OnePiece did nice work with AIO, but on .net 1.1sp1 it appears he may have left out KB2833941 (MS13-052, 2013-0709, i.e. pre-EOL) or at least it doesn't appear on his change log.

Anyone know of a batch file floating out there where I can feed it an msi update for a .net and it will munge it into an Addon? XDOT.TK has a batch which converts a WMP patch into a CAB Addon for a standard inf install. Yes, maybe some touchy editing of an inf will be required. Is XDOT's blog still available on MSFN? Didn't he used to have that as a project on this forum?

thanks

Edited by Molecule

I didn't know about Ricktendo had worked on a .NET package as well.  I like his runtimes product. I have a look at this one.

I would strongly suggest using that option if possible, even if you need to work with Rick to make sure it has all the appropriate updates, but I think it does already.  Rick makes every effort to keep it up to date.

Anyone know of a batch file floating out there where I can feed it an msi update for a .net and it will munge it into an Addon?

Sort of.  SNMsynth builds custom unattended installers which can be packaged as T-13 and/or RunOnceEx nLite/RVM Integrator add-on(s), are compatible with HFSLIP if used switchless, can integrate multiple languages for each framework, and many other options. But it hasn't been updated in quite awhile and it doesn't include .NET 4.0, so I think it is out of date for your purposes. I believe the source might still be available, so you're welcome to take a look at it. It is by no means trivial code. It is roughly about the same level of complexity as HFSLIP. It worked well in its day, so it might could be made to work again, but there hasn't been any interest in it lately.

Cheers and Regards

If you notice on -X- website, only Critical Updates were included, not Optional, like e.g. dotNET or "newer" WMP. Also notice the only updates actually made were for getting the latest Flash Player, which is also an Add-On like the WMP Updates (for the WMP provided with the OS). Please take a look at the Change Log and Footnotes for an explanation of that. Basically, use -X- download *NOW* before MS wipes the updates from the servers -OR- find a suitable Package (e.g. "Post-SP3 Add-On") elsewhere.

IOW, dotNET (and Silverlight, newer WMP, etc) has to be done via other methods (as noted).

HTH clear up the confusion.

...and note that -X- noted at his website relating to the following -

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/171814-posready-2009-updates-ported-to-windows-xp-sp3-enu/