Windows 8.1 + AutoIt = Fail!

Orsi

Hello.

Can anybody teach me how to properly use AutoIt to install a few softwares in Windows 8.1 x64?

Looks like AutoIt doesn't recognize, can't or don't even try to send the commands I need and sometimes not even MouseClick or MouseMove works. :(

If the installer is running as admin and your AutoIt script is running as a standard user then automation issues may occur.

Add this directive to the top of the script to run the script as admin.

#RequireAdmin

Add this directive to the top of the script to run a compiled script as admin. This adds the require admin to the resources of the executable.

#pragma compile(ExecLevel, requireAdministrator)

Have a look in the AutoIt help file for Tutorials > WinZip Installation. If you can follow that tutorial then perhaps you can progress to using the Control* functions. Looks like the latest WinZip is about 10 versions higher then the tutorial version so some subtle differences may exist. If you have further issues with your attempts, then post your attempts and help may follow.

Also have a look at the pinned topic of AutoIT Script Collection for some examples.

I have no problems with AutoIT in 8.1 and installing programs, but I do absolutely not GUI automation because I find it unreliable.

If you are using an old version of AutoIT, @OSVersion may return "UNKNOWN" as a result. If you are using this macro, either update your code to recognize "UNKNOWN" as Windows 8+ and 2012/R2 or update your AutoIT to one that supports those OSes.

Another thing I remember... AutoIT automation has problems if the Start Screen is up... it is best to make sure the desktop is showing prior to trying to do anything.

If the installer is running as admin and your AutoIt script is running as a standard user then automation issues may occur.

Add this directive to the top of the script to run the script as admin.

#RequireAdmin

Add this directive to the top of the script to run a compiled script as admin. This adds the require admin to the resources of the executable.

#pragma compile(ExecLevel, requireAdministrator)

Have a look in the AutoIt help file for Tutorials > WinZip Installation. If you can follow that tutorial then perhaps you can progress to using the Control* functions. Looks like the latest WinZip is about 10 versions higher then the tutorial version so some subtle differences may exist. If you have further issues with your attempts, then post your attempts and help may follow.

Also have a look at the pinned topic of AutoIT Script Collection for some examples.

Thanks! It's working perfectly as administrator !