Aero Glass - missing drop shadow

kszabo

Hi, recently I reckognized that the drop shadow is missing on some user accounts and present on an another. See pics attached. Anyone can help to solve this?

Win 8.1 Update 1 64 bit; latest AeroGlass 1.3.1, with valid donation.key, using default win8cp.png theme atlas

- the admin account I used to install AeroGlass has the drop shadow, the others missing it are normal users

- upgrading a normal user to admin does not help

- reinstall of AeroGlass does not help

- re-download the symbols does not help

- uing different theme atlas does not help

The pics are from the same PC, once of the admin account (with drop shadow), once from the normal user (no shadow)

Any help appreciated.

post-400990-0-66275800-1419182837_thumb.

post-400990-0-96085700-1419183041_thumb.

Edited by kszabo

Thank you very much for the quick reply. My answeres are:

- yes, all accounts use the same theme atlas (C:\AeroGlass\win8cp.png), defined here HLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\CustomThemeAtlas. The same section under HKEY_Current_User does not have any registry entries like this. The AeroGlassReflectionImage.png is loaded correctly

- shadows are enabled under System/Performance

unfortunately still no drop shadows :(

I am sure that I had them before (with AeroGlass v1.2.x). It broke at a certain moment in the last few weeks. I cannot recall the exact moment and circumstances (like Updating of anything liek windows or gfx driver).

Update:

I have just created a new normal account to test this. It has the drop shadows... My bet goes on some broken user specific registry entries. What do you mean?

Edited by kszabo