NotAllowedOffline updates?

mara-

Hi,

First, nuhi, welcome back and I must say NTLite looks really good. I have a question regarding some updates.

Few updates like KB947821, KB2533552 and KB2603229 are intetionally blocked from integration. So, how does NTLite handle them? Some other tools use "Silent Install + SFX" method to add them to installation, but your tool integrates them directly, and according to some posts that's not a proper way.

Hi mara-, thx.
NTLite switches to runonce when package refuses offline integration, for example KB2533552.

But I now tried KB947821 and it looks fishy, did not deny integration and was too fast to be fully integrated judging by its size. I checked manually and there is no offline capable lock, so what are we supposed to hard-code this?

Thx for the tip, will look into it, maybe the package does it itself or they forgot to lock offline integration for that one.

Yes, according to some posts in other forums, KB947821 should be also in runonce. Qoute:

KB947821 is as its description say, it's a tool to fix errors with installed packages and Windows Update, and that cannot be done with offline image

And I noticed when I integrate this update with other tool, my installation file size grew by 525MB, which not happened with NTLite and that's when I started to suspect that something is wrong.

Also, it seems that KB947821 is only meant when there are problems with WU, so maybe you should hard code it and give some warning that it'll be integrated as RunOnce and even that this update is not required.

And, I have one more update, which you maybe can help me with. KB2830477. I integrated it, but Windows Update still shows it, but only 900kb, and original size of update is around 6MB.

Edited by mara-

Also, it seems that KB947821 is only meant when there are problems with WU, so maybe you should hard code it and give some warning that it'll be integrated as RunOnce and even that this update is not required.

And, I have one more update, which you maybe can help me with. KB2830477. I integrated it, but Windows Update still shows it, but only 900kb, and original size of update is around 6MB.

Alright, forcing KB947821 to runonce then, makes sense. They should have blocked offline integration then, weird.

KB2830477 with less size after, did not experience that so can't tell for sure, but that may mean that KB2830477 was updated and WU offers just the diff. Similar thing happened to me with Update 1 before, while it listed same KB name but smaller.

Try redownloading KB2830477 (and any other KBs next to it if it's part of a bundle - RDP updates?) fresh from MS and compare with your previous file(s).

If it's not that, then it's the hell with RDP update sorting, they made those fixes such that a few of them must be installed after others so can't be integrated, plenty of results about it online.