Quicktime 6.5 Creates weird folder

Does anybody know how to prevent the Folder "Ý" being created in de root of de drive from wich it is installed? My filemonitor just gives a Create Folder c:\Ý en then closes it.

The strange thing is that it doesn't contain anythin and you can just delete it.

Anybody?

It's a quirk in Quicktimes installation. I have the same problem. eirogge do you still have that cmd file to delete this directory? I can't seem to get the correct extended ascii character for the Ý correct.

@ All

just to let you know how I rid myself of the Y....

I install reg tweaks next to last, ATI Drivers are last.

the reg hack has a del QT icon in it, found on this site.

when I installed QT after the reg hack I got the Y

once I moved reg tweaks to next to last (after QT)

problem gone

Of cousre I don't install reg's from cmdlines and I'm

the only user so no big deal.

doggy bags have BONES

bonedaddy

OK - I think I figured out a workaround. For some reason the RD command won't recognize the C:\Ý directory. The trick is to MOVE this directory to another name first THEN delete it.

MOVE C:\Ý C:\XXX
RD /S /Q C:\XXX

Seemed to work for me. I'm doing an new build so I'll let you know if this doesnt work.

BTW: This can't delete directory problem ONLY occurs with Quicktime created C:\Ý directories. If you manually create the C:\Ý directory there is no problem using the RD command to delete it!

:) :newbie:

Update: well, I tried that MOVE, RD trick, and... it didn't work. Perhaps we can do a REN instead of MOVE and delete the renamed folder?

I'll run another install cycle with that change and we'll see. There's GOT to be a way to get rid of this in a batch file. Hmph.

JP

• 2 weeks later...