I need some help with manipulating some regkeys

Hi I am hoping someone can help me.

I need to put the following regkey below in a regadd command and also I need to increment the clientid.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client]
"ClientId"=dword:00000020 <--- this is HEX and needs to be incremented
"ServerAddress"="5E17-CONTROL"

For example: If the station number is 5E17-01 I need to change the client ClientId"=dword: to the hex value of 01 omitting the 5E17-

is there an easy way to do this in a script?

Unfortunately I am unsure as to your requirements!

Are you trying to increment? or change/replace? the hex value held in the ClientId by a specific number.

Is that number known/fixed? or is it based upon the value data returned from the ServerAddress key?

Hi I am hoping someone can help me.

I need to put the following regkey below in a regadd command and also I need to increment the clientid.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client]

"ClientId"=dword:00000020 <--- this is HEX and needs to be incremented

"ServerAddress"="5E17-CONTROL"

For example: If the station number is 5E17-01 I need to change the client ClientId"=dword: to the hex value of 01 omitting the 5E17-

is there an easy way to do this in a script?

Yes it probably can be done but would need you to export a reg file and post here with more info as well like Yzowl said so script can be written, here is a basic reg add via commandline below.

Also since you did not post your reg file or specify if the value type for ServerAddress was a Multi string or Reg_SZ  I included both ways..

~DP :whistle:

@Echo off:: Reg Add via CommandlineReg Add "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client" /v ClientId /t reg_dword /d 0x00000020 /f >NulReg Add "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client" /v "ServerAddress" /t REG_SZ /d "5E17-CONTROL" /f >Nul:OrReg Add "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client" /v "ServerAddress" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "5E17-CONTROL" /f >Nul

• 4 weeks later...

We have never received any response back from you hopefully the same question you posed over at TechNet solved the issue.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e10eea7c-0691-4bfd-820c-8a192e0f0937/help-manipulating-some-regkeys?forum=ITCG

~ :whistle:

thank you my mistake, I forgot I posted this question on msfn.org as well as technet the regkeys above worked fine I appreciate it.

here is my batch file I used to accomplish my task with the info i got here and on technet.

This is the batch file.@echo offset room=%COMPUTERNAME:~0,4%set stn=%COMPUTERNAME:~-2%reg.exe ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client" /v ClientId /t REG_DWORD /d %stn% /freg.exe ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client" /v ServerAddress /t REG_SZ /d "%room%-CONTROL" /fexitecho name=%computerName%echo room=%room%echo stn=%stn%pause
Edited by clivebuckwheat