Migrating Windows 7 or 8 Install from BIOS machine to Native Boot VHD

crashnburn4u

@zamarac

Yes, this would be the next USB boot steps. Both may work or fail.

But remember, one small step after another.

Sorry, I won't discuss Acronis at this thread, it's about windows booting.

Yes, this would be the next USB boot steps. Both may work or fail.

But remember, one small step after another.

Forum threads serve 2 purposes: 1) answer immediate topic starter questions; 2) guide thousands of people over the years - reading stats prove that.

While the "discovery process" is an interesting concept, it may be counterproductive for "textbook" discoveries.  For example, after using Win8.1 for some time, Win7 USB boot limitations become irrelevant, especially since they were addressed years ago by... cdob, and there may be other unrelated limitations, all described in old popular Tutorials. Discoveries are rather reserved to what's still publicly unknown. "One small step at a time" means in "old" cases "from one known solution to another in a single Tutorial".    :hello:

More interesting is, why Win7 USB boot solution "may fail", since the "limitations" concept was not entertained when the solution was 1st introduced. Or it was already - where?   :rolleyes:

Edited by zamarac

Sorry, I didn't catch what was that about - Blue Ribbon? 

No, the Blue Ribbon campaign for freedom of skin is a generic form of (peaceful) protest, adopted (and adoptable) by anyone anywhere.

As an example, though originated on reboot.pro, the campaign was ported to MSFN when this skin became (for a short time) the only one available :ph34r:

http://reboot.pro/topic/12381-problems-with-the-site/?p=108066

Forum threads serve 2 purposes: 1) answer immediate topic starter questions; 2) guide thousands of people over the years - reading stats prove that.

Actually more, you forgot making some philosophy and discuss ad infinitum about the gender of angels., something that you seem very apt to. :yes:

A thread can also be hijacked, which is what you are trying to do here.

Why don't you start your own new thread and ask there the questions you have about Acronis products that are completely unrelated to the present topic?

This topic is:

"Migrating Windows 7 or 8 Install from BIOS machine to Native Boot VHD"

jaclaz

A thread can also be hijacked, which is what you are trying to do here.

I offered a complete solution for the topic starter and others who will attempt to solve the Migration task on UEFI or BIOS PC. And what did you offer in this and many other threads apart from flaming and generic nonsense? Pls point to any programs or Tuts of yours for the last 10+ years?       :w00t:

Edited by zamarac

I offered a complete solution for the topic starter and others who will attempt to solve the Migration task.

Which is very good. :)

Though of course you added it later, editing your post that did not contain it originally.

And what did you offer in this and many other threads apart from flaming and generic nonsense?

Never flamed anyone AFAICR (apart maybe a few people that actually deserved it), and what I post, nonsense as it might be, tends to be "specific" :yes: (as opposed to "generic"). 

Pls point to any programs or Tuts of yours for the last 10+ years?  :w00t:

Naah :no:, if you are interested in them, I am pretty sure you can find them alright.

jaclaz

You added the Tut later. 

Not exactly. But it was being edited many times since first posted. Actually, its Work-in-Progress, and crashnburn4u testing and others' critical reports will hopefully help perfect it and work for everyone. Feedback welcome!   :thumbup

About reboot.pro site being for sale and/or decreases of traffic... What I post, nonsense as it might be, tends to be "specific"

That's what inevitably happens when high public demand Tuts updates and attracting sharp interest content rich dynamic or controversial discussions are gradually replaced with so familiar from this thread "(non)specific nonsense".     :}

Edited by zamarac