how to uninstall Aero Glass for Win 8.1?

I had aero glass for win 8.1 installed on my computer, and when I updated my computer to windows 8.1 update 1, the login screen was broken with the message "Your DWM is not compatible with aero glass", making my windows installation unusable.

i restarted several times, and windows update finally began undoing the changes made and i could login again.

i tried uninstalling aero glass from control panel programs and features but when i run the uninstaller an error message pops up saying "the uninstall log file 'c:/aeroglass/unins000.dat' is in a format not recognized by this version of the uninstaller. cannot uninstall."

any one experiencing the same problem?

any solutions to fix the uninstaller?

For me, after I put in the Spring Update and rebooted, Aero Glass for Win 8.1 went through a couple of extra flashes then came right up and has worked perfectly ever since. It loaded the needed symbols quite quickly.

You can temporarily prevent the software from starting up by holding down the control key.

To stop it more permanently, you can open your Task Scheduler and disable or delete the entry that starts aerohost.

I don't know how you can make the uninstaller successfully delete the files, but once you have stopped the software from starting you can of course go find the folder in which they were installed and delete them manually.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

• 1 month later...

I had aero glass for win 8.1 installed on my computer, and when I updated my computer to windows 8.1 update 1, the login screen was broken with the message "Your DWM is not compatible with aero glass", making my windows installation unusable.

i restarted several times, and windows update finally began undoing the changes made and i could login again.

i tried uninstalling aero glass from control panel programs and features but when i run the uninstaller an error message pops up saying "the uninstall log file 'c:/aeroglass/unins000.dat' is in a format not recognized by this version of the uninstaller. cannot uninstall."

any one experiencing the same problem?

any solutions to fix the uninstaller?

May be a "File in use" error and if so just run task manager and do a "End Task" also you may want to submit a bug report over to bigmuscle as well..DP :whistle: