x64 - Dr.Watson - Debugger

xkp

H1 there my name is Martin.

So here is my problem, i manage to build stable(winxpx64_nlited) i maybe must be go wrong becouse i keep to get the message Dbgeng.dll is missing or corrupted.

I try to fix it at first, i download original x64 MS image and manage to extract both (dbgeng.dll i386 and x64). Then i try to install them properly on windows like i386 goes in system32 and x64 in SysWow64, second task was to reg them but i was getting some funny messages (errors) that i cannot do it.

Once upon a time i was having Dbgeng.dll (686kb) that was running perfect on the same exact copy but i deleted it by mistake. Now some programs making me nervous and mad.

I have also patched my XPx64 with patch direcly from microsoft to have both folder ProgramFiles(x86) and (x64). Becouse by default x64 have only one folder.

Well i don't know it's a mess. Here are some +information.

Microsoft Windows XP Pro x64 Version 2003 SP2 (5.2.3790)

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 - DBgeng.dll ( v5.2.3790.3959 ) - 1.56mb

C:\Windows\system32 - DBgeng.dll ( v5.1.2600.0 ) - 828kb - this one is custom, i try to add it manualy to fix the **** dbgeng..dll error

Edit:

Something strange just happend i copy the dbgeng from SysWOW64 folder and replace in system32 ( then i type in cmd - drwtsn32 -i and tell me that Dr. Watson has been insalled as default appliation debugger - Without error )

But as i use some other applications i still keep the message the dbgeng.dll is missing.

Edited by xkp

I try to fix the problem with opening the original Windows iso and search for dbgeng.dll(x86)

As i search i found two:

• DBGENG.DLL ( F:\AMD64 ) i gues this is the x64 - ( v5.2.3790.3959 ) - 1.56mb

• WDBGENG.DL_ ( F:\I386 ) i gues this is the x86 - ( v5.2.3790.3959 ) - 1.01mb (expanded from the iso)

I change the wdbgeng to dbgeng and place it in SYSWOW64 - and the DBGENG goes in SYSTEM32.

I regsvr32 /s dbgeng.dll, and use cmd -> drwtsn32 -- no problems and here are some proof:

The error stops, but when i open the application still closes, this time without error....

Application exception occurred:        App: D:\Servers\csdm\hlds.exe (pid=5756)        When: 29.4.2014 г. @ 08:09:02.531        Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) *----> System Information <----*        Computer Name: IMB4        User Name: Xakep        Terminal Session Id: 0        Number of Processors: 2        Processor Type: EM64T Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10        Windows Version: 5.2        Current Build: 3790        Service Pack: 2        Current Type: Multiprocessor Free        Registered Organization: WXP        Registered Owner: Xakep
Edited by xkp

If i don't change it at SYSWOW64 from WDbgeng to DBgeng then the error still exist.

Changing it prevent the error to show but still the problem with my application exists.