Plug & play monitor?

How do you supress the finding of a plug & play monitor without including the drivers for every monitor?

I use my disk on all different types of machines.

Its not like xp needs the drivers!

When it comes up you need to click next, then it finds it then you have to click finish.

Hardly unattended.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well I don't have the answer man, but I do have that problem...I think what we need to do is include a subfolder in drivers with the default plug and play Monitor inf files and change of course the OempnpPath to include that folder. So all we need to know is how to get ahold of these files.... :)

I put together monitor INFs for about 10 manufacturers (over 2000 files), but I hear that monitor drivers won't install during the driver installation stage, so it's moot.

Really? I was considering starting a Monitor DriverPack... :s How come monitor drivers won't be installed? Is there any way to do this?

I put together monitor INFs for about 10 manufacturers (over 2000 files), but I hear that monitor drivers won't install during the driver installation stage, so it's moot.

Really? I was considering starting a Monitor DriverPack... :s How come monitor drivers won't be installed? Is there any way to do this?

Dunno. They compress nicely, though. Went from 25MB to 1.89 as a solid RAR archive.

Also, let me tell you that they are a royal b***h to collect.

Dunno. They compress nicely, though. Went from 25MB to 1.89 as a solid RAR archive.

Also, let me tell you that they are a royal b***h to collect.

I know they're hard to collect...

A couple of days I started with one brand: Hyundai. Instead of downloading each and every one driver from their site, I've sent an e-mail to ask if there's a download available that includes all their drivers.

This is what I received:

other than the single file options on our site, there is no complete package, one containing all drivers, available.

But I think sending you our product CD, with all drivers and files for each and every one of our monitors should resolve your request.

Kindly forward me your home address and I'll have one off to you this week.

Kind regards,

George Pavic

I'm starting to like the support of Hyundai :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've also run into this problem, but only one some machines.

On our P4 machines (845 chipset, onboard Intel extreme graphics, etc) I get prompted to install the plug & play monitor.

On our P3 machines (815 chipset, onboard video) I get no prompt.

Both machines are being run through a kvm, so there is absolutely no difference in monitor hardware that woudl be causing this.

The P3's video drivers are included with XP, but the P4's video had to be added to the cd. It appears that the non-cd video drivers may be causing this? Are other people having this if they include their own video drivers?

I am now certain that it is the intel drivers that are bringing up the pnp monitor dialog. I just did a fresh install and installed the drivers by h and. Immediately after completion I was asked to install the pnp monitor driver.

Anyone have any idea on how to get it to install silently?

• 6 months later...

I managed to get the popup to go away by using different drivers. I can't remember at the moment whether I'm using the most recent intel video drivers or the most recent drivers from AOpen (motherboard manufacturer).

Notice that even though the pnp monitor dialog pops up, if you ignore it it will be automatically closed when Windows finishes installing itself.

I managed to get the popup to go away by using different drivers. I can't remember at the moment whether I'm using the most recent intel video drivers or the most recent drivers from AOpen (motherboard manufacturer).

Notice that even though the pnp monitor dialog pops up, if you ignore it it will be automatically closed when Windows finishes installing itself.

A gap of 6 months there but ... :P

And you were installing Windows on a system with what monitor attached? Did you include the monitor's .inf file?

If you need a command-line to install an INF/driver forcibly, I've posted it here somewhere....

As for normal monitor drivers, its no different from any other drivers. You need the INF and the digital signature (.CAT file) for the same. And if an ICC color profile is included its a bonus. ;)

The real problem is because most manufacturers use the same INF for installing an entire product-line of monitors. So in the display properties, you'll have your monitor listed like this:

SyncMaster 703(M)s/ 753(M)s/750(M)s/753(M)v, MagicSyncMaster CM173A(M)
on NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440

So if you edit the INF, the security catalog becomes invalid after that (due to which it won't install unattended now).

Other than that, most other manufacturers don't provide signed INFs at all.