Trying to migrate 2 VBScripts into one.

HI,

I'm trying to migrate 2 VBScripts that i found on the internet into one script.

The first Scripts checks if the user has Admin Rights and the second script is a Key Changer.

But if i migrate this 2 scripts into one script and when i then execute it then it wants to add "relaunch" as a Key. :wacko:

'-> Begin of the Admin Right Check ScriptSet reg = GetObject("winmgmts://./root/default:StdRegProv")rc = reg.GetStringValue(&h80000003, "S-1-5-19\Environment", "TEMP", val)If rc = 5 Then  If WScript.Arguments.Count = 0 Then    CreateObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute "wscript.exe" _      , Chr(34) & WScript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34) & " relaunch", "", "runas", 1    WScript.Quit  Else    WScript.Echo "Cannot acquire admin privileges."    WScript.Quit  End IfElse'-> Begin of the Key Changer ScriptOn Error Resume NextIf WScript.Arguments.Count<1 Then  VOL_PROD_KEY = InputBox ("This script will change the product key of:"&vbCr&"Windows XP SP1, SP2 and SP3."&vbCr&vbCr&"Enter a correct CD-Key in the blank field below:","Windows XP Key Changer")  If VOL_PROD_KEY = "" Then    WScript.Quit  End IfElse  VOL_PROD_KEY = WScript.Arguments.Item(0)End IfVOL_PROD_KEY = Replace(VOL_PROD_KEY,"-","")for each Obj in GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}").InstancesOf ("win32_WindowsProductActivation")  result = Obj.SetProductKey (VOL_PROD_KEY)  If Err.Number = 0 Then    WScript.Echo "Windows XP Product Key was changed successfuly."  End If  If Err.Number <> 0 Then    WScript.Echo "Error entering new product key: "&VOL_PROD_KEY&""&vbCr&vbCr&"Please verify that this Product Key was entered correctly and if it is a valid key."    Err.Number.Clear  End IfNextWScript.Quit
Edited by Jeffery

How, EXACTLY, are you launching the script, ie what is the command line you are using? What were you expecting to happen? Also, for reference, give us the link(s) where you found these scripts? Is there a particular reason you were trying to combine these into a single script?

Cheers and Regards

When double clicking on the script an input box should appear to enter a key and if the user has no admin rights then the Windows RunAs option should appear first.

The RunAs script i found at stackoverflow.com and the Key Changer script i found at pastebin.

Edited by Jeffery

Well other than missing the last line -

End If

the above code looks fine to me and seems to run correctly. At least I get the input box when I tried it on my Win7 system. ( I cancelled it of course.)

Cheers and Regards

I did this too and i get the same results and i tried it on Windows 7 and Windows XP. It only works if i run then Key Changer script without the RunAs script.

Are you sure the UAC option is on in your Windows 7 because if it is not then the RunAs Script will not run completely.

Edited by Jeffery

I also used the "original" RunAs Script, and added some extra Echo'ed messages to make sure it got where I thought it was:

Set reg = GetObject("winmgmts://./root/default:StdRegProv")rc = reg.GetStringValue(&h80000003, "S-1-5-19\Environment", "TEMP", val)If rc = 5 Then  'return code 5 == access denied  're-launch script only when it was run without arguments, so we don't go  'in circles when admin privileges can't be acquired  If WScript.Arguments.Count = 0 Then    're-launch as administrator; the additional argument is a guard to make    'sure the script is re-launched only once    WScript.Echo "Relaunch."    CreateObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute "wscript.exe" _      , Chr(34) & WScript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34) & " relaunch", "", "runas", 1    WScript.Quit 0  Else    WScript.Echo "Cannot acquire admin privileges."    WScript.Quit 1  End IfElse  WScript.Echo "Have Admin."  '-> Begin of the Key Changer Script ... the rest of your script here ...

But no, I'm an admin and I have UAC disabled, but I still got the "Have Admin" message then the input box was displayed.

Cheers and Regards

The problem occurs if you have UAC enabled or if you are on a guest account. ;) You have UAC disabled that's why you don't get the same results as me. :)

Edited by Jeffery

I tested the RunAs script also combined with another script and it works like it should there is only a conflict if i use it with the Key Changer script.

The point of the RunAs script is to check if a user has admin rights and if not then it promotes the user for elevated (Windows 7) or it promotes the user to run the script with a account which has admin privileges..

So it works in all cases UNLESS:

1) you have UAC enabled or if you are on a guest account

- and -

2) you run the the RunAs script

- combined only with -

3) the Key Changer script

But otherwise both scripts work? Very specific, weird circumstances.

If nothing else I would suggest adding several echo messages to determine exactly where it goes wrong.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Here is what I can confirm

1:\ Windows 7 UAC enable

2:\ Created A User level account called Jake

3:\ Ran the from script Stackoverflow

Set reg = GetObject("winmgmts://./root/default:StdRegProv")rc = reg.GetStringValue(&h80000003, "S-1-5-19\Environment", "TEMP", val)If rc = 5 Then  'return code 5 == access denied  're-launch script only when it was run without arguments, so we don't go  'in circles when admin privileges can't be acquired  If WScript.Arguments.Count = 0 Then    're-launch as administrator; the additional argument is a guard to make    'sure the script is re-launched only once    CreateObject("Shell.Application").ShellExecute "wscript.exe" _      , Chr(34) & WScript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34) & " relaunch", "", "runas", 1    WScript.Quit 0  Else    WScript.Echo "Cannot acquire admin privileges."    WScript.Quit 1  End IfElse  'your code here  CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run("C:\Users\Jake\Desktop\RegistrationChanger.hta"),1,True  'WScript.Echo "Code Here With Admin Rights"End If
4:\ I was able to make reg changes that required admin rights, I had to supply

the admin right threw the standard UAC GUI.

Before Changes

post-5386-0-71617200-1397074405_thumb.pn

After Changes

post-5386-0-86996700-1397074416_thumb.pn