"Printing-Foundation-LPDPrintService" feature/service missing

videobruce

I have a problem with a missing "Printing-Foundation-LPDPrintService" feature/service from Win7 from a RT7 Lite install.
After dozens of tries I have narrowed the problem of not being able to install a printer driver apparently due to this missing feature/service.

What I don't understand is this is not a service that is listed under "Services". It's only listed in the right pane of the 4th page/tab; "Features Removal". The right pane, "Default Features". You apparently check these to keep or protect the removal of features/services which is the opposite of all the other steps where you check to remove an entry. Of course if this was documented properly, I would of looked there sooner. :mad:

I can correct this in future installs, but for now can this "Printing-Foundation-LPDPrintService" be re-installed in Win7 w/o reloading the entire O/S?

BTW; this is the missing "Core driver package" that I get when I tried to install a driver off of MS's site, since Canon does not have the driver available. I have also seen others with certain HP printers with the same error message.