Win 2003, ISA Server, ZoneAlarm

:) Well, here is a doozey of a question. Has ANYONE set up a Windows 2003 Domain with "mixed and matched"security solutions? I am currently using ISA Server 2000 with my Domain setup, but the firewall component is HORRIBLE since it does not allow for application-level control. Granted, it is secure and integrates nicely but I am having a difficult time getting ANYTHING to go through the firewall with all the protocol definitions, protocol rules, etc, etc, etc...

Maybe I just do not grasp the concept in ISA Server but it makes my job ALOT harder and would like something like ZoneAlarm that allows you to set up control and access based on Program, Application. Meanwhile I can keep ISA Server running as the Proxy Server, so has anyone done anything like this?

ISA Server 2000, proxy server

ZoneAlarm or other, firewall

Can these two work together? Any compatibility issues? Anyone just plain DO IT? I can´t risk tampering with my production environment but I could take the time to do a "test" setup but was hoping to get some feedback before starting that LONG LONG journey on my own. Thanks...

I have actually never had an issue with my ISA server, I did go out and buy the "best damned firewall bookperiod", though due to the fact that I had troubl with the initial setup, this book was the greatest resource for me with the ISA 2000 server. But as for your actual question I don't see why the ISA server wouldn't allow you to use a third party firewall, it ask's you in the setup if that is what you want it to do. So I would say give it a shot and next time use a smaller font please.