windows live id sign-in assistant service started then stopped

cdoublejj

It all start when Dirt 2 wouldn't launch. sure enough a problem i've had before. i went to reinstall GFWL market place, it error out, ended up being a file permissions glitch, i was able to over come it with with "take ownership" on some folder in the hidden "app data" folder.

However that didn't fx it, soon after trying to launch my newly installed GFWL i got the error "a required service is not running or has stopped", so i made way to "services" and found "windows live id sign-in assistant" wasn't running hit "start" and got error, "windows live id sign-in assistant service started then stopped"

so i went to uninstall and reinstall... except that doesn't work trying to reinstall it it hangs on "starting newly installed service", even tried uninstalling GFWL again and letting IT install windows live id sign-in assistant but, it still hang when trying to launch windows live id sign-in assistant.

perhaps maybe there is also a permission problem with windows live id sign-in assistant. does any one where it's files are located so i can try take ownership? maybe some one else knows what really wrong? yes windows update services is running.

Edited by cdoublejj

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...