Windows XP Embedded

CuBie

Hi all.

Over the past few weeks ive been looking into how i can get a whole OS to run a off a cd. I looked into windows PE, i played about with it and in the end i gave up, as its just too much of a task to get the stuff running that i would like.

I then found windows xp embedded, and i found that it can be booted off a cd.

has anyone managed to get windows xp embedded to run off a cd - the tutorial on msdn is confusing the hell out of me! http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/xp....asp?frame=true

If anyone has got anything or knows anything so we can try to get this running it would be really helpfull!

Thanks alot people!

Chris.

I then found windows xp embedded, and i found that it can be booted off a cd.

has anyone managed to get windows xp embedded to run off a cd - the tutorial on msdn is confusing the hell out of me!

Same here, man. The El Torito stuff just messes with me. They definitely make it hard enough to try to stop people like you and me from creating a super WinPE-XP-embedded hybrid :)

If I have time I might load in the XP Embedded trial and play with it a bit. I love creating custom Windows distros...

I was just gonna use one of the templates made for you when your making the embedded windows!

So no-one on the face of msfn has been-able to do this? - That sucks :), it would make such a cool boot up cd :'(!

Chris.