Need easy, simple video editing program

mike13

I have a 35 minutes video on my computer that I need to delete some sections. For example I might need to delete starting at minute 5 through minute 7. Then the video is OK until I get to say minute 23 and I want to delete minutes 23 through 28. I do NOT need anything fancy. I will NOT be enhancing anything. I just need to delete or remove a few sections from the video, and then burn it to a DVD. I have Nero 12 for the burning portion, but I need something simple to delete a few sections. I had tried FREE VIDEO DUB. It sounded exactly what I was looking for, but when I would stop and start the program, the audio did not match the video. I read about Movie Maker that is built right into Windows 8, that I am using, but that program seems to only be able to remove the beginning or end of the video, not sections in the middle. Any suggestions. I was going to download a free trial of Cyberlink Power Director 12 Deluxe, but it says that it puts a watermark at the beginning for 5 seconds. Thanks for any suggestions, Mike

Just an update---After experimenting with Windows Movie Maker, I found out that I can edit / remove middle sections from the movie by using the SPLIT function.

Edited by mike13

• 1 month later...

You can try Cutter splitter trimer etc video editing program. Their are tons of them out their, Afterdark ( back when DVD converting was the trend ) has many backup guides for videos as well. As the first sentence of my post mentions, their is a program that splits, edits, etc, but it is a trial program. Vegas pro ( not made by SONY but purchased by SONY ) seems to be the windows edition of whatever the Apple PPC OSX had to offer.

I do not know about Linux. Keep in mind whatever format your file is in, the editor must be able to decode, and play thru it.