Damn NFO Viewer

XKnoppix

I've found a few topics on this subject already, and yet none of them pointed out the way to install **** NFO Viewer silently? I've seen posts that say you need to import reg settings to associate it with .nfo files. Others say it tries to run itself after installing (that's a problem) :rolleyes: Some say /s others say /S... Well could someone be so kind to help me out step by step on what i need to silently install it using RunOnceEx?

By the way here is some code i copy and pasted out of someones posted RunOnceEx file:

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "Installing **** NFO Viewer" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\****\DamnNFOViewer.exe" /f

But as you can see he/she has no switches at all?! This puzzles me?! I would appreciate some help :)

Thank You

I don't mean to sound like a newbie but i downloaded the file, now what do i do? What do i need to put in my RunOnceEx file? I know i've used these .msi files before?! I think it was with Adobe Reader...i can't remember :)

Thanks

ok if u want to install it unattendedly

add this

****.msi /qn or

****.msi /qb

if u just want to install it either double click on it or right click and choose install

u won't see much in the screen. I made it so that its totally unattended

it installs in program files dir...

\Program Files\**** NFO Viewer

I tried to install it using XCOPY and i didn't get any file associaions :rolleyes: so i'm just double checking. So i'll go ahead and use /QN because they is already the RunOnceEx menu up...who needs a progress bar :) lol

all i have it AR6.msi, you could try moving the files to a temp folder (excluding ar6.msi) and then try running AR6.msi to make sure.

And you didn't get the associations set when you copied the files, because you just copied the files. Little common sense there. If i copy Winzip to a new folder, I still have to run Winzip to have it set the associations.

no adobe needs the cab file

i've made a msi for that as well 21mb though.

u can put hte cab and the msi together and when u launch the msi from runonceex it'll use the cab..

also what do u mean u used xcopy?

r u trying to install the program with xcopy?

WHAT?

I didn't :) But i read a post earlier on in my research that said XCOPY didn't work. And it seemed like a good excuse lol :rolleyes: But i know better. So i only need the .msi and the .cab file? The other three are gone then!

Thanks