digital display on right click

XtremeMaC

THIS SHOULD HELP YOU OUT :)

http://personal-computer-tutor.com/abc2/v11/vic11.htm

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

Click the the + sign next to the ContextMenuHandlers key, to expand it.

Now you will see some of the programs that have added items to your right-click menu. Simply delete the program keys you don't want.

Yup! It's that simple. If deleting makes you uneasy, just export the key before deleting it. Or, instead of deleting the values, disable them. Simply double click the default value for the program on the right hand pane and rename the clsid value by placing a period or dash in front of it.

ie; - {b5eedee0-c06e-11cf-8c56-444553540000}

Then exit the registry, refresh, and right click a file to see if the item was removed from the menu.

Some programs - like WinZip or WinRar - will add several items to your right click menu but all of them will be removed by deleting or disabling their one context menu handler.

Note that the above key only applies to the right click menu of files.

To remove entries from the right click context menu of folders, you need to navigate to the Folder and Drive keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

• 3 weeks later...

hey i dunno why i didn't get a reply notification

but this didn't work

its not under those.

it only appears when right clicked on desktop

no where else

i removed all of them, didn't make any change...

any other ideas?

look in the nvidia driver inf, if it goes to an nvidia app, the reg key must be there

it should be under a clsid for the desktop, and it won't have the "digital display" in the registry because its in a shell extension dll, like winzip. The winzip context menu aren't in the registry either, they're in a dll

ok it opens this obviously

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE" NVCPL.DLL,LoadNVPanel"

@jdeboeck, i think i looked into it but couldn't see anything b4. but now i see some stuff, testing..(actually i removed some stuff from it b4, but i think it needed a restart or logoff, will be backing up(nvid regs) and doing it

ps. I don't want it cause i sometimes accidentally click it. also i don't want any extra stuff that i don't use, good enough reason?.

I've seen more absurd things ppl want to remove. I think this is normal, its not a function that comes with windows and I don't use it and it bugs me and i don't want it.. errrr......overloaded.....quitting....press here to end......

I'll post the results if anyone's also irritated by it..

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]HKR,, InstalledDisplayDrivers,  %REG_MULTI_SZ%, nv4_disp

HKR,, VgaCompatible,            %REG_DWORD%,    0

HKR,, MultiFunctionSupported,      %REG_DWORD%,    1

HKR,, DCBOverride0,                %REG_BINARY%, bunch of numbers, i'll post it if its neccessary

HKR,, DCBOverride1,                %REG_BINARY%, bunch of numbers, i'll post it if its neccessary

HKR,, RotateFlag,                  %REG_DWORD%,    4

HKR,, NV_R&T,                      %REG_MULTI_SZ%, "R&T0000=*,*,*,*,*,IBM251F.VSC2F0C.VSC3411.VSC3E19,HDLK"

HKR,, NV_R&T,                      %REG_SZ_APPEND%,"R&T0001=1920,1080,*,30,*,CRTX,OEM,7425,2200,48,56,1125,2,5,++I"

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvSvc\OemConfigurations",LoadLimitedSID,%REG_SZ%,"S-1-5-11"

HKR,, "DefaultSettings.XResolution",%REG_DWORD%,800

HKR,, "DefaultSettings.YResolution",%REG_DWORD%,600

[KeystoneDisabled_AddReg]

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak",KeystoneEnable,%REG_DWORD%,0

[RotateDisabled_AddReg]

HKR,, RotateFlag,                  %REG_DWORD%,    0

[nvDualView_AddReg]

HKR,, NvCplTwinViewInDualView, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, EnableWin2kDualview, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, ForceNHeads, %REG_DWORD%, 2

HKR,, DualviewLockDevices, %REG_BINARY%,01,00,01,00,02,00,02,00

HKR,, DrvOptions, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, NT4MultiDevEnable, %REG_DWORD%, 0

HKCR,CLSID\{6D0E6651-1CD8-11d6-92C4-0003479E4848},,,"NVIDIA NT4 Multimon Control Panel Extension"

HKCR,CLSID\{6D0E6651-1CD8-11d6-92C4-0003479E4848}\InProcServer32,,,"nvnt4cpl.dll"

HKCR,CLSID\{6D0E6651-1CD8-11d6-92C4-0003479E4848}\InProcServer32,ThreadingModel,,Apartment

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\Display\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\NVIDIA NT4 Multimon CPL",,,"{6D0E6651-1CD8-11d6-92C4-0003479E4848}"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved",{6D0E6651-1CD8-11d6-92C4-0003479E4848},,"NVIDIA NT4 Multimon Control Panel Extension"

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Display",CplEnableW2k,%REG_DWORD%, 1

[TestAnalogLoadAlways_AddReg]

HKR,, TestAnalogLoadAlways, %REG_DWORD%, 1

[Default16BPP_AddReg]

HKR,, "DefaultSettings.BitsPerPel",%REG_DWORD%,16

[Default32BPP_AddReg]

HKR,, "DefaultSettings.BitsPerPel",%REG_DWORD%,32

[DOEB_AddReg]

HKR,, EdgeBlendingData, %REG_BINARY%, 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak",NvCplEnableDesktopOverlapPage,%REG_DWORD%,1

[nv_ControlPanelSettings]

HKCR,CLSID\{FFB699E0-306A-11d3-8BD1-00104B6F7516},,,"NVIDIA CPL Extension"

HKCR,CLSID\{FFB699E0-306A-11d3-8BD1-00104B6F7516}\InProcServer32,,,"%11%\nvcpl.dll"

HKCR,CLSID\{FFB699E0-306A-11d3-8BD1-00104B6F7516}\InProcServer32,ThreadingModel,,Apartment

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak",NvCplExposeWin2kDualView,%REG_DWORD%,1

HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\Display\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\NVIDIA CPL Extension",,,"{FFB699E0-306A-11d3-8BD1-00104B6F7516}"

HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run,NvCplDaemon,,"RUNDLL32.EXE %11%\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"

HKLM,Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\nView,"InitProfile",,"default.tvp"

HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run,"nwiz",,"nwiz.exe /install"

HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce,NvExportOEMDefaults,,"RUNDLL32.EXE %11%\NVCPL.DLL,ExportOEMDefaults"

HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce,NvRegisterMCTray,,"RUNDLL32.EXE %11%\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvMCRegisterApp %11%\NvCpl.dll"

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak",NvCplTvLocaleAutoDetect,%REG_DWORD%,1

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak",NvCplAllowForceTVDetection,%REG_DWORD%,1

HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run,NvMediaCenter,,"RUNDLL32.EXE %11%\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit"

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations",MediaCenterLoadPolicy,%REG_DWORD%,1

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\State",GlobalStartupDefaults,%REG_DWORD%,1

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\Display\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\NVIDIA NT4 Multimon CPL" (don't have this)

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\NVIDIA CPL Extension" (don't have this) (but have other things in there)

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved",{6D0E6651-1CD8-11d6-92C4-0003479E4848} (don't have this)

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved",{FFB699E0-306A-11d3-8BD1-00104B6F7516} (not this, haven't restarted though)

i didn't go though them all yet

i started from the bottom. though didn't try to log off/restart yet.

if anyone can spot it i'd be very glad

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This "nView Options" right click option is driving me crazy too! I'm constantly clicking it by mistake...and if it's not part of WinXP then it simply shouldn't be there. At least not in as annoying a place as where the "Close" option should be. Please let me know if anyone's had success removing it, and how they did it.

Thanks!

Cheryl

but isn't like a "shortcut" to our nview settings? I like having it there so that I don't have to click through so many things just to check the temp on my card or to enable the clone function.