"Program_Files_Dir" Vaiable. Where is it?

Hi all,

ive searched for the "Program_Files_Dir" variable. Like the Documents and Settings variable in HiveSFT.Inf. Nothing found. I searched all files for "Default_Programs" but nothing found!

It must be somewhere as i can set it in the Winnt.Sif. But there are no variables allowed so i wanna know where i can find the "real" string for this.

Ive extracted all files and searched through them. But nothing.

Someone out there must know this. I hope its someone here.

Please tell me if you know its location.

//edit1

//well, variables are allowed in the winnt.sif file. if its true what i just read in another file. But i still wanna know where the //programs dir is set.

Of course thats what i do right now. But where is it set the first time. must be somewhere otherwise setup would ask the user but its reading the dir from somewhere. but from where? Ok, its not important and somehow it will go public some day.

And 2. directories to set in files

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HiveDef.Inf (at the almost bottom of the file.)

TEMP_DIR="%USERPROFILE%\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_APPDATA="%USERPROFILE%\Anwendungsdaten"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_DESKTOP="%USERPROFILE%\Desktop"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_FAVORITES="%USERPROFILE%\Favoriten"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_NETHOOD="%USERPROFILE%\Netzwerkumgebung"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_PERSONAL="%USERPROFILE%\Eigene Dateien"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_PRINTHOOD="%USERPROFILE%\Druckumgebung"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_PROGRAMS="%USERPROFILE%\Startmenü\Programme"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_RECENT="%USERPROFILE%\Recent"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_SENDTO="%USERPROFILE%\SendTo"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_START_MENU="%USERPROFILE%\Startmenü"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_STARTUP="%USERPROFILE%\Startmenü\Programme\Autostart"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_TEMPLATES="%USERPROFILE%\Vorlagen"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_COOKIES="%USERPROFILE%\Cookies"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_MYPICTURES="%USERPROFILE%\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Bilder"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_LOCAL_SETTINGS="%USERPROFILE%\Lokale Einstellungen"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_LOCAL_APPDATA="%USERPROFILE%\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_CACHE="%USERPROFILE%\Lokale Einstellungen\Temporary Internet Files"

U_SHELL_FOLDERS_HISTORY="%USERPROFILE%\Verlauf"

(Well this is english/non english mixed but just go down to the almost end of the file and ull see)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIVESFT.INF

Line: 3844

"Documents and Settings"

WINNT.SIF

"Programs"

"Documents and Settings"

... ...

You can change more using the Registry (Look at the key itself in your registry for your language):

Fonts

Favorites

Verlauf

Cookies

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Installation Sources

ServicePackFiles

Driver Cache

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

Downloaded Program Files

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Downloaded Program Files

ActiveX Cache

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ActiveX Cache

Inf

Media

Program Files :))

Web\Wallpaper

Common Files

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

I guess u can change every folders location...

Does anyone that moves their ProgramFiles dir have issues with installshield uninstalls?

I've noticed ever since I moved my ProgramFiles and CommonFiles to D:\ that all InstallShield uninstalls are borked..

Im not that deep in testing my unattended versions but at least installation works fine ; )

never tried to uninstall and my folders are still on my systemdrive.

Im happy if they at least will be installed during setup.

I'm using D: as program files since some years and NEVER had any problems...

I'm now setting the program files location from winnt.sif and everything works fine. No unistall problems...

I onced installed manually everything to "D:\" (even is program files whas pointing to C:\program files) and didn't had any problems...