Old computer problem with Youtube + Firefox + WinXp

phaolo

On 14/9/2013 at 3:44 PM, monroe said:

Maybe this program would be helpful in watching Youtube videos and some others with proper links. You have to download the video but if you have a fairly fast connection, it shouldn't be much of a problem ... besides, I usually want to save the videos, so they would be downloaded anyway. You can then use any player that you want to watch the videos ... I happen to mostly use KMPlayer 3.0.0.1442 in my XP setup ... didn't like the newer KMPlayer versions and I have some other players also.

The program is Youtube Downloader HD ... I find it a good way to watch videos on your own time.

http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/download.html

Note: There hasn't been an update for some time with this program, I guess because it was working so well ... when I first started using Youtube Downloader HD, it seemed they were updating the program a lot but this last version (2.9.6) lasted a very long time but today as I started this reply I see Youtube Downloader HD is now version 2.9.9 ... I haven't tried this version yet with XP so I hope nothing drastically has changed and the program works as good as before.

Add ... have tried the newer version and it seems to be OK and works just fine on XP.

I also download the portable version, so no installing !

---------------------------------------------------

Youtube Downloader HD

Youtube Downloader HD is a fast free video downloader. Download and convert videos into avi video format or into mp4 (compatible with iPad, iPhone).

You can download High Quality videos, High Definition and Full HD videos from YouTube. Youtube Downloader HD is a Freeware!

What's new in the latest version:

1. Significantly increased download speed!

2. VEVO videos can be downloaded again

Youtube Downloader HD for Windows is a completely FREE Software. It contains absolutely NO ADWARE, NO SPYWARE, NO REGISTRATION, NO POPUPS, NO MALWARE or other unwanted software.

Main Downloads:

Download Tubemate Youtube Downloader HD

Version 2.9.9 Free. 4.5 MB. With installer.

For Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7

FLV Converter

Version 1.2 Free. 3.6 MB. With installer.

Handy free tool to convert FLV files to AVI video

Youtube Downloader HD - Portable Version

Version 2.9.9 Free. 3.9 MB. Without installer. Standalone exe file.

For Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7

thanks for sharing!