DVD installation ignores autounattend.xml

I am trying to get a Windows 7 Ultimate OEM installation to work using autounattend.xml. I created autounattend.xml using Windows System Image Manager.

The DVD installation ignores my autounattend.xml file which I have placed on a USB stick per the OPK guide. I then copied the DVD contents to a bootable USB stick and made a copy of autounattend.xml in the root called unattend.xml (both xml files are there) and the installation ignores that as well. I a probably missing something easy here but can't figure out what it is.

Thanks!

doesn't matter I used a 32gb usb stick with autounattend.xml on root, Installation should pick it up because its just another drive in PE

Might capture error with this and attach setupact.log

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/138899-se7en-ua-working-with-win-81/?p=888486

Interesting, thanks for the info on the log location. Reading thru the log, I find several interesting issues. The installer DOES find my autounattend.xml file! Later though the log says 'user did not accept eula in the unattend file' but it is clearly accepted. It says no product key found but it is clearly defined (WSIM complains if it isn't there). There are several references to unattend.xml which I do not currently have on the USB stick.

<UserData>

<ProductKey>

<Key>REMOVED</Key>

<WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>

</ProductKey>

<AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula>

</UserData>

setupact.zip

It did find it

[setup.exe] UnattendSearchExplicitPath: Found usable unattend file for pass [windowsPE] at [E:\autounattend.xml]

No product key found, continuing validation and image selection in keyless setup mode.

Guess now need your xml cause error has to be there.

You can check it against this here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/139572-ask-your-seven-xml-here/

Im going out of town a couple days. Someone will come along if you ask ?