Running Foobar2000 with SACD input DLL

Nomen

What version of foobar2000 is compatible with the foo_input_sacd.dll driver - and will run on win-98 with kernelEx? I can install the newest stable version of foobar2000, but it gives this error when I run it -> SHARED.DLL is linked to missing export kernel32.dll: HeapQueryInformation. An old version of Foobar (that I already had installed) doesn't seem to want to load the sacd dll file.

Or - does anything else play SACD iso files?

kernel32.dll: HeapQueryInformation is supported by KernelEx with a little help from Kexstubs.

I downloaded Kstub730.zip and Kstub822.zip and extracted both of them to my windows\kernelex directory. I modified core.ini to read: contents=std,kexbases,kexbasen,Kstub822 and restarted the system. It didn't restart properly the first time, but it did start ok the second time. When I run foobar (version 1, 1, 0, 0) I now get a different error:

Shared.dll is linked to missing export SHELL32.DLL: SHParseDisplayName.

Set the compatibility mode for shared.dll to "Windows XP SP2".

That makes the error message go away, but now nothing seems to happen when foobar2000.exe is started. I started cctask.exe and set it to auto-update mode and tried foobar again. Foobar threw up a small menu window (start in safe mode, check online troubleshooter, start normally). I tried start normally, and foobar2000.exe was loaded into memory according to cctask, and it stayed there for about 8 seconds before it disappeared. I started foobar again, tried "check online troubleshooter", and again nothing apparent seemed to happen. Same thing happens when I select "start in safe mode".

Any other ideas? Has anyone gotten foobar2000 version 1.1.x or higher runs under win-98?

What is shared.dll? There is no Version tab when you look at it's file-properties.

>That makes the error message go away, but now nothing seems to happen when foobar2000.exe is started....

We can get an app to load by using stubs, but functioning properly is often another story. :(

>Any other ideas?

Oldapps.com lists these four builds as being compatible with Win2000. They are our best chance for success. Use compatibility mode "Windows 2000". We don't want to advertise as XP since faking it clearly has not worked!

> Has anyone gotten foobar2000 version 1.1.x or higher runs under win-98?

:no:

>What is shared.dll? There is no Version tab when you look at it's file-properties.

A shared dll that plugs-ins use to access the foobar2000 API.