Dial Up Adapter

huguia

I have a Dial Up adapter in my PC with windows 98. In the device manager, it appears as a network adapter named Dial up adapter. However, i need it to be identified as a modem so i can use the dial up server tool to create a host to connect my dreamcast to the internet. How can i even know thee adapter name?

You could open the PC case, remove the Card, and find the FCCID numbers. In addition, the black Chip has some numbers that help identify it.

Does it have a yellow Question Mark next to it?

You could open the PC case, remove the Card, and find the FCCID numbers. In addition, the black Chip has some numbers that help identify it.

Does it have a yellow Question Mark next to it?

No yellow question mark. It only appears at the network adapter section without any problmes. However, when i open windows 98 dial up setup it shows that there are not any modem installed

??? Is this one of those "oddball" HP Combo types? Best bet is to REMOVE the Card and get FCCID/Chips-Id's to determine exactly WHAT it is...

Note that the HP "oddball" is a specialized OEM NIC/Modem "combo" - the NIC part of it is USELESS as it ONLY works with a Home Network via Phone Lines IF (and ONLY if) OTHER PC's have the EXACT SAME CARD!!!

note - also found in Gateway -

http://support.gateway.com/s/MODEM/6001761/6001761nv.shtml

http://support.gateway.com/s/MODEM/6001761/600176101.shtml

Go to first link and take a look at the Chips Pictures links within. See if they look like yours.

Edited by submix8c