Help importing reg file, please...

I ran in to the same problem rather than fool around and try to understand WHY the darn thing will not import through WPI I made a Winrar SFX and called it from my Autounattend.xml

Create WinRAR SFX

Compression: StorePlace SFX script commands in tab commands:----- START SFX SCRIPT ------;The comment below contains SFX script commandsSetup=Regedit.exe /I /s Install.regTempModeSilent=1Overwrite=1----- END SFX SCRIPT ------
----- START Autounattend.xml ------            <FirstLogonCommands>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>1</Order>                    <CommandLine>%Systemdrive%\WPI\WPI.exe</CommandLine>                    <Description>Program Installation</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>2</Order>                    <CommandLine>fsutil behavior set EncryptPagingFile 1</CommandLine>                    <Description>Encrypt the Pagefile</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>3</Order>                    <CommandLine>%Systemdrive%\Finsh_Install\Windows7_Setup.exe</CommandLine>                    <Description>System Setup</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>4</Order>                    <CommandLine>%Systemdrive%\Finsh_Install\Finsh_Install.exe</CommandLine>                    <Description>System Setup Folder To Desktop</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>5</Order>                    <CommandLine>%Systemdrive%\Finsh_Install\Cleanup.exe</CommandLine>                    <Description>Cleanup</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>            </FirstLogonCommands>            <LogonCommands>----- END Autounattend.xml ------

There was some fixes made to alot of wpi's sub-systems. WHICH WPI version are you using?

I'm using WPI 8.6.3, and I was executing a sfx rather than the WPI {REGEDIT} command, I found that the WPI\SFX method didn't import HKEY_CURRENT_USER entries although HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE did, because I already had a D:\GSP1RMCULFRER_EN\sources\$oem$\$1 folder setup it was a quick and dirty fix. LOL I hadn't read the date on this post until I had responded, I was actually looking for the syntax for a second CMD. I just can't get it to execute

correctly.

cmds[pn]=['%root%\\WPI\\Install\\MSDIP\\PI.MSI /qb','%root%\\WPI\\Install\\MSDIP\\PISETUP.EXE'];

Thanks

I just figured out your reg issue.

If it is not putting in HKCU keys it is because they don't exist until a user has been created and fully logged in.

I have many entries that have multiple commands. Are you by chance manually editing config? (That doesn't work anymore BTW)

cmds[pn]=['{DIRCOPY} "%wpipath%\\Install\\ccleaner" "%programfiles%\\CCleaner"','{64} {JSCRIPT}=CreateShortcut("CCleaner"%comma%"C:\\Program Files\\CCleaner\\CCleaner64.exe"%comma%""%comma%"C:\\Program Files\\CCleaner\\CCleaner64.exe"%comma%""%comma%"AllUsersPrograms"%comma%"CCleaner")','{86} {JSCRIPT}=CreateShortcut("CCleaner"%comma%"C:\\Program Files\\CCleaner\\CCleaner.exe"%comma%""%comma%"C:\\Program Files\\CCleaner\\CCleaner.exe"%comma%""%comma%"AllUsersPrograms"%comma%"CCleaner")','{JSCRIPT}=CreateShortcut("CCleaner Enhancer"%comma%"C:\\Program Files\\CCleaner\\CCEnhancer.exe"%comma%""%comma%"C:\\Program Files\\CCleaner\\CCEnhancer.exe"%comma%""%comma%"AllUsersPrograms"%comma%"CCleaner")'];
Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

That's why the Autounattend method works. Kelsenellenelvian I didn't know you couldn't manually edit config.js It's the way I set this unattended install up and I have some 45 programs that install successfully.

I use WPI as a platform for sequentially installing programs with limited user interface during installation. I have found that for some programs, particularly those with .bat files packaging it as an sfx and calling it as an .exe saves me some time and trouble. That's why I was confused about the second cmd, I usually don't use it.

The example above is what the program (WPI) wrote and I assume it's correct yet on install it just jumped to the second cmd. In this instance I would just make a .bat file and execute it that way but it's like 450 mb, and for some reason .bat files don't run on WPI, I mean the log shows success but nothing installs. So I am searching for an example syntax that works.