[Release] DriverGrabber 2.0 - One Click Driver Backup!

Siginet

OK... you asked for it.... so here it is!!!

DriverGrabber 2.0 Beta 5

This is a One Click Driver Backup Solution.

Very simple to use...

Run the "DriverGrabber 2.0.exe" and watch it Grab all of the drivers from your system and place them into a "Drivers" folder!

It now even grabs drivers that are no longer in use... For instance... a Printer Driver that is no longer physically connected to your system while you perform a backup.

Also... you can now use DriverGrabber on a Windows PE disk like LiveXP! It auto detects if it is being executed in a PE environment... it will attempt to auto detect the Windows Drive you wish to backup as well.

Download:

http://integrator.siginetsoftware.com/index.php?addons&id=242

Beta 5:

Fixed - A few bugs in the code causing DriverGrabber to fail finding the correct path to grab some driver files.

Changed - DriverSearch is now set to Off by default. If anyone has issues with backups I suggest they try to turn DriveSearch on and then post their log on the forum so I can make sure their drivers are properly backed up in a future release of DriverGrabber. We are still in Beta... and I'd like to have DriverGrabber functioning as well as I can without the need for DriveSearch.

Please test this version of DriverGrabber out and report back any issues. When reporting issues please try to post your DriverGrabber.log file to help narrow down a problem. If you get a "Not Found!" error on a specific file that can not be grabbed... please run a search on your entire system to verify the file even exists anywhere on your computer.

Edited by Siginet

Some "generic" advice, prompted by your post on reboot.pro (if I may :unsure:):

I'm not one to want to re-invent the wheel. So I don't want to copy someone elses work. I don't feel like I need to find out how someone elses program works. I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track as it is.

I'd rather have some honest feedback from fellow users and try to implement requested features that would benefit DriverGrabber. I don't want to change DriverGrabber to function just like another program.

You are very correct, BUT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47#Design_concept

A lot of [soviet Army soldiers] ask me how one can become a constructor, and how new weaponry is designed. These are very difficult questions. Each designer seems to have his own paths, his own successes and failures. But one thing is clear: before attempting to create something new, it is vital to have a good appreciation of everything that already exists in this field. I myself have had many experiences confirming this to be so.

;)

jaclaz

Beta 3 online.

Beta 3:

Fixed - Issue creating folder for DriverNames with characters that are not usable in a directory name. Like /\* and so on. Now invalid characters are deleted.

Updated!

Beta 5:

Fixed - A few bugs in the code causing DriverGrabber to fail finding the correct path to grab some driver files.

Changed - DriverSearch is now set to Off by default. If anyone has issues with backups I suggest they try to turn DriveSearch on and then post their log on the forum so I can make sure their drivers are properly backed up in a future release of DriverGrabber. We are still in Beta... and I'd like to have DriverGrabber functioning as well as I can without the need for DriveSearch.

• 3 weeks later...

Beta 7 is online now as well!

I will also be releasing my Data Backup utility (With Drivers backup) soon as well. Just a few more changes and it will be ready for a public release.

It's a great Utility for backing up needed Data from a computer before reinstalling the system and works in both a live system and a Preinstallation Environment like BartPE or LiveXP.