error performing inpage operation

praxidice

Can anyone provide constructive feedback on 'error performing inpage operation' about 90% through copying XP Pro. If I cancel the error message, copying resumes for a minute or so then a different error message 'Data error (cyclic redundancy check) pops up, cancel that and a minute later the 'error performing inpage operation' is back' cancel that and the 'Data error blah blah' returns ...... and so on and so forth. I've tried two different computers with exactly the same results on each. Only common factor is the (legitimately) copied XP Pro CD (and yes I do have a number of proper keys).

Can anyone provide constructive feedback on 'error performing inpage operation' about 90% through copying XP Pro.

yeah, it it a error in your cd , which may cause a invalid image , just are burn 4 cds I understand that. Try to copy your cd to disk first and you will see that you can't copy

I found I got an unrecover error in my cd .

cp: reading `/media/WindowsXP_EN/I386/WINNTUPG/SRVINF/NETUPG.INF': Input/output error

cp: failed to extend `./WindowsXP_EN/I386/WINNTUPG/SRVINF/NETUPG.INF': Input/output error