Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  

nLite bug with KB977816 and KB2115168 - Windows XP

EDIT: The it is KB2686509....

...If you don't add limited users like your kids or something that are hackers then this update is kinda meaningless. Hence the faker.

Thank you -X- much appreciated

Edited by PinkFreud

I would like to ask you ,'PinkFreud' what is size of your final integrated cd/dvd ?

I see Im barely making it without application addons so I too must cut out 'lang' (99mb) folder,and few others as mentioned on unattended site "slimming down cd ."

>>>I would like to ask you ,'PinkFreud' what is size of your final integrated cd/dvd ?<<<

I haven't burned a CD yet but original "clean" SP3 source was 591 MB, final nLited ISO is 319 MB. :)

Edited by PinkFreud

>>>I would like to ask you ,'PinkFreud' what is size of your final integrated cd/dvd ?<<<

I haven't burned a CD yet but original "clean" SP3 source was 591 MB, final nLited ISO is 319 MB. :)

Does this extensive "slimming" make your OS run better/faster ?

Or to some atvantage ?

Does this extensive "slimming" make your OS run better/faster ?

Or to some atvantage ?

I only use extreme slimming like the one above for use in VM, much different than "live" XP. I'm really not that technically proficient (above average user) to diagnose effect (good/bad/faster/slower/broken components...etc) of such slimmed versions. I know it runs fine for me in VM, (test software, run apps incompatible with Win 7, etc) I create a new CD every 4-6 months...mostly because I have a lot of free time & as an educational tool.

Edited by PinkFreud