I believe I have lanmanserver issues

fsantiago

Ok I also took a pic with my phone since paint doesnt open right away and I cant screen print. This is what happens when I open services. It stays like that for a while.

pic

Log

Edited by fsantiago

update the Mobile Intel® 965 Express drivers:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%c2%ae+965+Express+Chipset+Family

Maybe this this helps to show the MMC faster because the log shows some DWrite activaties during the gap:

post-70718-0-74038200-1333983296_thumb.p

Also try to uninstall IE9 and go to IE8. Does this help?

Also please look in the action center/reliable history, the LANmgr hang was detected by the Error reporting service. Look at the details of the entry. Do you get logs or hang dumps?

WIll do that. I checked the reliable history but see no lanmgr reports. I also made the changed you requested but the issue still occurs.

Edited by fsantiago

LOL I know this problem is weird. Do you think it might be a registry issue like I said before with the lanman?

The one of this version of windows 7 has display name "DisplayName"="@%systemroot%\\system32\\srvsvc.dll,-100" on the laptop it simply just says "Server"

Can this be the problem?

Pardon me for barging in, but I know the answer (kind of). It's MUI (multilingual user interface). The idea is, the displayed name of the Server service isn't stored as string, but as a pointer to the string inside the dll file (in this example, the 100th string or resouce inside srvsvc.dll). If you install another interface language of windows, the 100th string will contain the displayed name in another language. If you find the 100th resource in srvsvc.dll with I don't know, Resouce Hacker maybe, it will contain the displayed name (probably Server Service?).

Windows caches some of these resolved strings (search for MUICache in registry; there are several places in Win7, but I'm on XP currently and that's the only place there (per user), while on 7 there are more).

Now, I've seen Windows 7 replace these pointers with absolute strings, but I don't know under which circumstances that happens. Maybe if you play around Regional Options or when Windows Modules Installer (trusted installer) is started. That's how I discovered this effect, while tracing installations of programs with Total Uninstall. I could see nearly in realtime how they were replaced. :)

To cut the long story short, I don't think this "effect" is responsible for your problems. These are only strings anyway, expanded or not.

GL

So I searched my problem on google which I had done before and came across an answer for the issue. The link is http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/211979-vista-hangs-20-minutes-lanmanserver-starting.html. Weird because I had searched for this issue before. So yes now everything works like its suppose to. Thanks for your time and patience!!

Edited by Tripredacus
fixed link