Corrupt accessor.inf?

seblake

I r a noob. We all started somewhere...

I created my first slipstreamed CD of XP Pro with SP3 - none of my CDs/DVDs saw the 250GB HDD I have installed.

It worked...sort of. When I boot from it, it cannot copy the file accessor.inf. It seems that the accessor.inf on the CD is scrambled. The bottom line reads: " ; Customized by nLite - www.nliteos.com". I noticed that other accessor.inf files are simply text files.

Does nLite scramble/encrypt/encode the file or was there a hiccup during the slipstream process? If that is intentional, I would think it should be copied....

In addition, the installation CD does not accept any of my product keys. Thoughts: Are the keys tied to the distribution version including the SP? Could this be caused by the corrupt accessor.inf file? Am I actually using the wrong product key... If possible, how do I determine which hw/sw combination requires which product key?

(If I need to post the product key question in another area (because it is not tied to the nLite build, please let me know.)

If you need additional information, just ask!

Thanks!!!!

Welcome.

Where is the good old time those few questions were answered 5 times a day and people were sweared at because they didn't even bother reading the last few threads ? :D

Please read the red message up your screen.

-"it cannot copy the file accessor.inf", at what point exactly ? (text mode part, before showing disk and partitions ?)

Please state exact message. Please also state what Microsoft cd you start from and if you do everything in 1 go. Modifying a cd prior to applying SP3 gets you "missing files" errors.

-rejected key

Edited by Ponch